Show and Tell, lots of stuff!

Old July 10th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default Show and Tell, lots of stuff!

Yep, take a gander he
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/Mahala/ArtList.htm

Or go here and click on Art Gallery:
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/Mahala/frames.htm
in case the other doesn't work. There are several pages of ATCs [most of
them have been traded].

The rest of the Art Gallery page isn't ATCs, they are full sized paintings.

Man, I gotta get back to art and beading! Sheesh, I wasted all last weekend
being depressed... I could have been doing art! (smacks self on forehead!).

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Valerie" wrote in message
Thanks Karleen!

The bag was a ton of work. I'm starting on another one now. Muwahahaha!
;-) This time I have a sewing machine to at least assist me with the
construction.

After doing the bag, the art cards were easy! It was fun.

Do you have pics of your art cards?
--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
I couldn't get the last one to come up either.

Wow the art cards are awesome. I have done some myself, but I never
thought about covering the whole thing with beading. What a ton of work!

The pocket book was unbeadlieveable! I can't believe you didn't at least
place! But you know, that's why I quit doing juried competitions... it's
just too darn frustrating to figure out what the judges want and mesh
that with your own creativity!

Also loved the PC beads that were in the finals. Lovely!

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
WOW!! Great stuff, Val!!

Congratulations on being a finalist!! And the purse is so cool!!

I love the drawings, but I couldn't get the last one to come up.

The art cards are gorgeous!!!

You've been a busy girl!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Valerie" wrote in message
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted some of the work I've been doing.

I entered into Bead Dreams 2007, and obviously didn't win but I thought
I'd share my entries.

This one was a finalist in the judging in the polymer clay category:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/tenderly5.jpg

And this was a bead embroidered purse that I made (with no sewing
skills to speak of!) that didn't make it to the finals:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/collage.jpg

The purse took me months and a lot of blood, sweat and tears. lol! But
now I'm bound and determined to make more and even got a sewing machine
to do so (the first was hand-sewn). Despite the toil and injury (I got
an RSI from it) I had a lot of fun planning it and making it and now
I'm addicted!

I've also been exploring my 2-d art options and finally merged drawing
animals with polyclay. Here's a few of my pendants I've done:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/giraffecopy.jpg
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/catfacecopy.jpg
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/ocicatcopy.jpg

In addition I started doing art cards (thanks to Mary T!) in all the
mediums I work in and did two of them in beads:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/blue.jpg
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures/green.jpg

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 10th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Gorgeous ATC's!! Wowzers!

Nice paintings too! I just got into acrylics...although I'm not sure I like
them.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 10th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Thanks!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wow that's what I'd call the Cat's Meow!!!

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
"Valerie" wrote in message
Whoops, try this one:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/pictures...kittencopy.jpg
That should be the correct URL.

--
Valerie

Old July 11th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Thanks Val! Most of my paintings are water color or mixed media. Acrylic is
great for painting wood, cardboard, etc. Problem with doing fine art is that
it dries so darn fast! LOL You can rework water color somewhat, and oils
too, although the turpentine bothers me. I've found in painting with water
color the most important thing is the paper - buy the best you can find. And
brushes - buy the best you can afford (they'll last a lifetime if taken care
of). HTH