What is your current project?

Old August 18th 05, 01:19 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Default What is your current project?

I'm currently obsessed with designing beaded beads. I'm in love with size
15's. Fiddly little bits of joy that they are! What's everyone else working
on right now?

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old August 18th 05, 01:37 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

A freeform peyote bracelet for a 'challenge' at the local bead store.
Everyone in the Nite Beadz group got the same kit, and it was up to us
to flesh it out and design something with it.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old August 18th 05, 01:58 AM
Karen Sherwood

My current projects aren't beady at all (unless you count unpacking
boxes in my studio)....and that's why I haven't posted much lately. My
studio is on hold until I can work with the town inspectors on my gas
line and ventilation. (Or find someone willing to do it under the radar.)

Otherwise, to keep my HANDS busy I'm back to knitting...currently on the
final stretch of edging on my first-ever lace shawl. I'm using some
handspun silk/cashmere I've had stashed away until I was able to use it
for something nice. (My spinning skills have far outstripped my knitting
skills until recently.)

To keep my MIND busy, thanks to DH's divine inspiration, I'm re-learning
to fly. My first offical lesson is next Tuesday and I can't wait!!! I'm
practicing using the MS Flight Simulator program and doing pretty well.
At least, the mental/visual links are coming back pretty quickly. I got
my private pilot's license 19 years ago, and haven't flown since about a
year after that. The big things I have to learn fresh are a different
airplane, the changes in air space/communications rules, and the fine
art of using a GPS. My brother (who just retired from American Airlines
last year) is also getting current in smaller planes again, so we're
burning up the phone lines comparing notes. I'm hoping he can fly out
here this winter so we can buddy up.

I miss my torch terribly, but at least I have some other stuff to keep
me out of (most) trouble. I've already acquired a new lace shawl pattern
for when I'm done with this one. LOL

Beading off,
KarenS
Old August 18th 05, 02:17 AM
Lisa Caryl

Marisa, are there patterns on the 'net for beaded beads? Or are they only in
books and magazines.

I won a set of beads from Canteburry Keepsakes by voting for her site. They
are soooooo pretty!! I made a charm-type bracelet with them, and you can see
it he
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...697&uid=417596
I'm still considering adding more dangles to it though. It still doesn't lay
quite like I want it to.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old August 18th 05, 02:34 AM
Lisa Caryl

Thanks Barbara, I gotta remember.....google is my friend .

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
http://snipurl.com/h0zm

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

Old August 18th 05, 02:54 AM
Marisa Cappetta

There are a few patterns, Barb's link is a good one. I got started on them
when I made up a design by Carol Wilcox and there is a great little book
published by the Beadwork mag called, Beadwork Creates Beaded Beads. Slim
little volume. I love Nikia Angels Sparkly Wheels - tres chic. You out there
Nikia? I still make and love those wheels! I linked them together for a
bracelet, by alternating 3mm and 4mm crystals I created two different sized
wheels. They are stunning. My barrel bead will be coming out on the Bead
Bugle (not sure when) and I have a new pattern that I will eventually make
available on my website - when I have time - see the sig line below LOL!

Old August 18th 05, 03:00 AM
Empress Beads

I am working on a spiral with branches coming out of the spiral. This is
done with various shades of pink seed beads. I plan on adding some peridot
somehow (where) towards the center of the piece. I can't wait to show you
guys. However, I have been putting in 45-50 hour weeks at work lately. And
although the beads are speaking to me very loudly. I haven't the energy to
play with them.

I am completely exhausted today. And still have to work this Saturday
again.

Sorry if this isn't making much sense, but I think I am about to go to bed
and it is about 9:00 pm. I am exhausted. I am trying to keep up with posts
as best I can. I may not post, but I am reading.

-Amy
http://www.empressbeads.com

Old August 18th 05, 09:45 AM
mermaidscove_com

http://home.att.net/~ssur/beadedbead.htm

I have some of the wood beads that some use as a base, if you don't
want to make the self supporting type. I enjoy making both.

Some images of ones I made with sterling tubes for a starting point,
the largest was on a brass hollow saucer bead.
http://www.mermaidscove.com/images/beadbead3.jpg

There are two more sterling core beads shown he
http://www.mermaidscove.com/images/vessel2b.jpg

they are all startin out the same tube shape but the weaving makes them
come out different. You could skip the sterling, just make a tube from
beads or bugles, I just like it. Basically they go from peyote to
netting using a technique that makes circular netting stiff enough to
stand up. Someday i will write it out as a project but if you know
netting you can figure it out by looking.

Ingrid
http://ww.mermaidscove.com