Photo to cross stitch

Old October 11th 11, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Photo to cross stitch

I am looking for a company to make some photos in to cross stitch sharts. I
have the pc program but I really want someone professional so I can sell
somecharts for a fund raising project.
Does anyone know who can do this?
Thanks
Donna

Old October 12th 11, 07:01 AM
munni083 munni083 is offline
Junior Member

You could try doing it yourself by purchasing a cross stitch program. There are a few on the market that you can try first.
Old October 13th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

I have one but I wanted someone professional. I don't want to stitch the
pics to make sure they are right. I used it to change sizes. But never
anything else. I might look on e bay to find someone that uses the program.
I don't want to spend a lot of money
for the charts so it could raise money for a rail road restoration program
we belong to.
Donna

--
munni083

Old October 13th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Donna, check with Jim about this. I think by now, the only thing he
stitches are designs he has made from photos, etc. He's done some
absolutely gorgeous work -- lots of it nudes & good for him ;-)))). He
posts here so if you just PING him, I'm sure he will be able to help
you, even if it's just with knowledge. Last thing I remember him
posting about this was that he was doing up a chart of a nebula or
something -- could have been some sort of fractal, I just remember it
was sort of "sciency". CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Old October 15th 11, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Tia Mary ) writes:
[...]

Good advice. My suggestion is dont try to do this as a money making
project. After many years, I can finally recognize a picture that will
turn into a pattern that I want to stitch. Whether anyone else wants to
stitch it, I have no idea. And computer generated patterns are a b*tch to
stitch. They have far too many confetti stitches; and one has no idea
whether these matter until the pattern has been stitched. I dont know if
you can find a pattern "Waiting for the mists to clear"; a picture of a
dragon perched on the top of a cliff. A lady at our guild, who is an
absolutely brilliant stitcher, bought this and tried to do the pattern. In
the end I finished it off for her; she made a contribution to our Guild
coffers as a result. I am convinced this was a painting which was put
through a computer program. By all means, Donna, email me, and we can
discuss this. Jim.

Old October 15th 11, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

F.James Cripwell ) writes:
Tia Mary ) writes:
[...]

Waiting for the mists to clear can be seen at
http://ohsewcrafty.typepad.com/photo...ingframed.html

Jim.

Old October 15th 11, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Waiting for the mists to clear can be seen at
http://ohsewcrafty.typepad.com/photo...ingframed.html

Jim.

Wow!
Dianne