OT Slightly risque?

Old August 10th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce[_4_]

Default OT Slightly risque?

They met at the singles club meeting and discovered over time that they
enjoyed each other's company. After several weeks of meeting for
coffee, Claude asked Maude out for dinner and, much to his delight, she
accepted. They had a lovely evening. They dined at the most romantic
restaurant in town. Despite his age, they ended at his place for an
after-dinner drink. Things continued along a natural course and age
being no inhibitor, Maude soon joined Claude for a most enjoyable roll
in the hay.
As they were basking in the glow of the magic moments they'd shared,
each was lost for a time in their own thoughts.
Claude was thinking: "If I'd known she was still a virgin, I'd have
been gentler."
Maude was thinking: "If I'd known he could still do it, I'd have taken
my tights off."
Old August 11th 11, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_3_]

wrote in message

Cute

Cute? Not really for a needlework group though.

Pat P

Old August 11th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2011-08-11, Pat P wrote:

wrote in message

Cute

Cute? Not really for a needlework group though.

Pat P

Why not as long as it's clearly marked OT?
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old August 12th 11, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_3_]

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:26:39 +0000 (UTC), "Margaret St. John"

On 2011-08-11, Pat P wrote:

wrote in message

Cute

Cute? Not really for a needlework group though.

Pat P

Why not as long as it's clearly marked OT?
-Margaret in MA

Plus he said
'slightly risque' - no good reading it and then complaining.

Why not?

Pat P

Old August 13th 11, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Yeah, why not? Didn't it involve poking something into something
else? (rdh)

Linda

Old August 13th 11, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 8/12/2011 8:40 PM, wrote:
Yeah, why not? Didn't it involve poking something into something
else? (rdh)

Linda

Very true, Linda LOL
Old August 13th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_3_]

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
On 8/12/2011 8:40 PM, wrote:
Yeah, why not? Didn't it involve poking something into something
else? (rdh)

Linda

Very true, Linda LOL

LOL! But does no-one realise that if it`s on here, marked OT or not, it`s
usually going to be looked at?

I`m particularly "agin" this kind of thing - there`s far too much of it
these days, and, most importantly, it`s never a good thing for a man to tell
even "slightly risque" jokes to a group of roughly 98 % women (who are quite
capable of telling each other their own naughty jokes - no harm in that, but
it`s an entirely different matter!) Also we don`t REALLY know who reads this
or how old they are.

I`m particularly concious of this due to recent problems my daughter has had
at work with the husband of one of her workmates, who creeps up to all the
women of whatever age, telling them such jokes and giving sexual innuendos.
My daughter can well deal with this in the same way I would (give him an
earful!) but she`s most concerned about a young girl who now works there,
who is made most uncomfortable with it, and doesn`t really feel able to deal
with it.

By the way, that particular joke has grown whiskers, it`s so old! I know it
isn`t THAT bad, but it`s the thin end of the wedge, and human nature being
what it is, it`s only a matter of time before someone tries to outdo it - as
I know only too well from another NG I`m in!

Pat P

Old August 13th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_3_]

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 02:15:02 +0100, "Pat P"
wrote:

The likelihood of kids reading this is remote, very remote. They are
all far too busy texting and on FB. Quite apart from that, Bruce's
joke was tame compared to what the average 6 year old knows/says!!!

That`s a sad reflection on the way the six-year olds you know are raised!
Not to mention society in general. In fact it`s a lot of the trouble with
the world today in which far too many children are DRAGGED up, as opposed to
BROUGHT up. Viz. our riots of last week.

That's an entirely different matter and I can't imagine Bruce, who
posts links to his community letter, ever behaving in such a manner !
He is clearly a respected member of his community and that doesn't
happen in a small community where everyone would know if you were a
dirty old man, bottom pinching type !

Sorry, but telling dirty jokes online to an audience mainly consisting of
women isn`t so far removed from the creep I spoke of, telling them to "real
live women" (He wasn`t bottom-pinching - or he would certainly not have done
it again! LOL!) I know it was relatively mild, but as I say it only invites
people trying to outdo it.

Pat P

Old August 13th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

wrote:

[...]

You are totally off the wall on this one!! The women on here post
worse than this. Do you have something
against Bruce?? The men on this group have posted slightly off color
jokes before, with no complaints, so why the
sudden outrage??

What's your daughter and her coworkers got to do with the price of
cheese in China?? .....and, at last count...how many 6 year old
kids are posting and reading this group??

The title was self explanatory......don't click and read and then jump
the person who posted it!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Old August 14th 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

On 8/12/2011 8:40 PM, wrote:
[...]

This reminds me of what happened many years ago when my late wife, Jill,
and I were courting. Men at her work tried to make her feel uncomfortable
by telling off color jokes. So I told her one that was really disgusting.
The next time the men tried this, Jill told them my joke. They never did
anything like that again. Jim.