What are you stitching

Old June 9th 11, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

Default What are you stitching

On Jun 7, 10:29*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

I love this subject cuz I'm so nosy. :-)) I'm working on Jeannette
Crews Still Lifes - the watering can one. I know the daisy flower but
I can't for the life of me think of what the red flowers are. Love
the colours.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old June 9th 11, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Binns

I'm almost finished knitting a baby blanket, then hope to get back to my
Artecy piece of The Grand Canal in Venice, for a friend who just came back
from a Mediterranean cruise.
http://www.artecy.com/canale-cross-stitch.html
Well it seemed like a good idea at the time, but this piece is huge!! I'm
still trying to finish a stocking for my nephew too. So much stitching, so
little time....

www.picturetrail.com/susanbinns

Old June 9th 11, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara[_2_]

P.S. *Has anyone heard from Tia Mary? *Is her "cabin in the woods" in
the fire area? *It would be a real shame if she sold the house in
Hotlanta, only to lose the cabin she's been looking forward to for so
long. :-(

I've been wondering the same thing. That Arizona fire is truly awful.

Sara
Old June 9th 11, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/8/11 10:32 AM, Joan E. wrote:
On Jun 7, 5:32 pm, wrote:

Not strictly stitching in the sense you mean but I decided I would
make an afghan each for Xmas 2011 -

I'm also currently crocheting. I have put aside Victoria Sampler's
Carol singers (which is getting towards the end...I'm just about to
the hardanger part) to make a baptismal gown for DGD. I'm making it
out of some soooo wonderfully soft alpaca/silk yarn. The baptism is
on the 26th.

Joan

pictures - of the grand baby of course!

Old June 9th 11, 10:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/8/11 11:06 AM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:29 am, Cheryl wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

I am working on an EGA group correspondence course called Moonlight
Sonata. A couple of the group are already done and some of us are
close. All I have left to do are the beads& I started them at our
last group meeting on Sunday night. We meet at Togo's (they're like a
Subway on steroids) :-) to pick up sandwiches and then drive to one of
the lady's homes to eat and then stitch for a few hours. It's coming
out beautifully but dh thinks my green is too bland so I promised him
I would do it again - just for him - in bright oranges, yellows and/or
reds.

I also have been working intermittently on paper bookmarks for our
local Friends of the Library group. I alternate between doing hearts
and trees. The hearts sell the best because they look impressive but
the trees are also going because they're simple and because they are
NOT hearts. :-))

Liz from Humbug

P.S. Has anyone heard from Tia Mary? Is her "cabin in the woods" in
the fire area? It would be a real shame if she sold the house in
Hotlanta, only to lose the cabin she's been looking forward to for so
long. :-(

I'll call her later today!

Old June 9th 11, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/8/11 10:01 PM, Sharon wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:29 am, Cheryl wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

I love this subject cuz I'm so nosy. :-)) I'm working on Jeannette
Crews Still Lifes - the watering can one. I know the daisy flower but
I can't for the life of me think of what the red flowers are. Love
the colours.

Sharon (N.B.)

Well, I went and looked because I'm nosy too! it's either a peony or a
fancy 'mum. LOL

Cheryl
Old June 9th 11, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

I am doing one of my computer generated patterns of a loon sitting on
his/her nest. It has a lot of detail, and I am hoping the result will be
quite incredible. But, the jury is still out on this. Jim.

Old June 9th 11, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jun 7, 9:29*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

Hey. I've got a bargello projection going with that Carrie's Creation
color! It was an experiment and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with
it when I finish it.

Otherwise, I'm currently alternating between projects. First up, a
needlepoint Cajun Santa mini-stocking that's getting close to being
done. I stitched nearly an entire alligator at the Louisiana Swamp
Romp at Wolf Trap on Sunday.

And The Victoria Sampler's "O Canada" which is about 75% finished. I
am impressed with the Canadian fans who can sing their national anthem
so well at the Stanley Cup finals.

And lastly, From Molehill to Mountain which is another BAP on canvas.
This was designed by Pamela Gardner as a color teaching piece. I was
pretty darn tired of gray, gloomy days when I chose my colors for this
one. Nothing boring at all bright greens vs. bright pinks and golds
vs. blue-violets on black canvas.

Donna in Virginia who's going to have a rough day as our compressor
seems to have died and is hoping for a miracle worker to come to her
house and resurrect it
Old June 9th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 8, 1:38*pm, wrote:

Happy for you Joan ! *Love the alpaca yarn, put up a pic when you are
through. * Will she be 'done' before your mothers birthday ?

Nope. Mom's birthday was in April. At least they're finally getting
her baptized!

Her 1st birthday party was really cute. Dani did a *lot* of work on
it. It was all farm-related stuff with John Deere decorations and
there were 2 small cakes, one round with a picture of a tractor on it
and the other barn-shaped and then she also made cupcakes with "faces"
of cows, sheep and pigs! I took a bunch of pics but haven't yet
downloaded them. Will let you know when I do.

Been Stitching Away! alicia in Hawaii Needlework 0 June 15th 08 10:08 PM
What we're stitching now... Jere Williams Needlework 275 April 22nd 06 08:04 PM
Stitching Over 1 Tia Mary Needlework 5 August 22nd 05 05:36 AM
Stitching & me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 November 20th 04 02:15 PM
If you are behind in your stitching!! Fred Needlework 9 October 2nd 03 04:48 PM