DH is 'mad'... LOL!

Old October 11th 03, 09:00 PM
Cher

Good Grief Cori, you ARE wordy...I've got to catch my breath and re read it
all.

LOLCheers....cher
"Cori" wrote in message
Dear Cher,

That's ok. Right now I'm just trying to see if there would be any

interest
and the timing doesn't have to be now. I know everyone is in a mad dash

create for the holidays and all their other previous commitments. I guess

should have made myself clearer lol! I wasn't proposing a new long

running
project or exchange, just a once a year exchange.

My clearer idea (how this is happening without coffee I'm not sure)

Sometime in the middle of 2004 (how about MAY)
we have an exchange of a small item for a member in our family such as a
child, husband, significant other. If it's for child or children in many
cases include a couple of items and address it to all of them.
The item(s) exchanged would be small
It doesn't have to be handmade
It could be something interesting from your country, culture or area(s) of
interest.

Some suggestions could be....
A stamp like Mirjam suggested would be great! It's small, generally
inexpensive, and can be very pretty.
A recipe that you enjoy with your family
A postcard of something in your area that you like
A letter, telling some interesting facts about where you live and what you
like to do.

The general idea is to get to know a bit more about the other countries,
cultures and people that visit this group. And to give the other people in
our lives a stuffie in the mail ;D Kind of like a hug from a new place.

I've been reading all your posts and wondering about all of you, where
you're from, what it's like there, is it hot? cold? for those who have
actually posted where they are from I've been going on the web and google
searching your locations. Are you in the north? south? What your general
area looks like. That kind of thing. After being on some other

newsgroups
and reading posts that start out nice but end up with people picking each
other apart this group is refreshing. I've seen a celebration of
differences here because we are all addicted to yarn! There is the
occasional verbal spanking over a post but there is no sniping at a person
on a personal level.

Even if this idea doesn't take off I'd like you to know that I enjoy your
company, would love to learn all about you and thoroughly enjoy each post.

Whew! I'm wordy today. I'll close now before I repeat myself (likely) or
wax sentimental (very likely).

Hugs to all,
Cori
--
Delete nospam to email me back

---

---

Old October 11th 03, 11:34 PM
Sarah Carter

Cori wrote in message =
Dear Sarah,
=20
Not from the UK. I'm in the round state of Ohio across the pond.
=20
Thanks for your offer! Do I have to fix your list email to email you
privately with info?

Yes, just delete my X's to reply.

Sarah
--=20

Old October 12th 03, 04:44 AM
Cori

Dear Ann,

About 45 minutes out of Columbus to the west. Also about an hour from the
border of Indiana.

Hugs,
Cori

Old October 12th 03, 04:53 AM
Cori

Hey Cher,
My horoscope on yahoo says I'm ON tonight!

Well in case all of you haven't figured it out by now as well as being wordy
I'm a bit of a comedienne as well. On a good day I can't shut up and on a
bad day I won't.

Zipping the lip (fingers)
Cori

Old October 12th 03, 02:08 PM
Shillelagh

"Cori" wrote in message
Dear Sarah,

Not from the UK. I'm in the round state of Ohio across the pond.

Thanks for your offer! Do I have to fix your list email to email you
privately with info?

Hugs,
Cori

I'm in Canada, if you'd like a Canadian stamp.... e-mail me your snail at

sdennis at escape dot ca

and I'll send you a postcard or short note if you'd like. I'll ask at the
post office if they have any interesting stamps. My aunt lives in
Columbus.

Shelagh