DH is 'mad'... LOL!

Old October 10th 03, 03:09 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Cher" wrote in message
Just be a bit careful there lady.....ROFL....
cher

I roared with laughter, he came running to see... now HE is ROTFL.... and
thinking about what he'd like....
LOL,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old October 10th 03, 04:31 PM
Cori

I just had an idea! Why not take one month and instead of a square exchange
have a hubby/so exchange where we each sign up to make something for the
other persons hubby, kid, s/o and send them out instead of squares? Anyone
interested? Pick the person, send info about age appropriate items and
colors and have fun with it?

Hugs,
Cori

--
Delete nospam to email me back

---

Old October 10th 03, 05:22 PM
Cher

Yeah, right, well away you go then Cori, you organise this
one......lol.......Cher

Old October 11th 03, 04:37 AM
Cori

For one month out of the year that's a can do Cher! But since I'm slow
crocheting we might want to make it so a person has more time. Anyone
interested? We can make it something small (bookmark, fridgie, scrunchie)

I'll keep watching to see if anyone would like to do this.

I did something like this before and I know the kids got a huge kick out of
it. They don't often get mail or something from someone far away. It
really makes their day and makes them feel special. Hubby just likes saving
the stamps from around the globe ;D

Hugs,
Cori

Old October 11th 03, 09:17 AM
Cher

Hi Cori,
I feel I must keep myself to the 6x6 and be strict with myself and not take
anything more on. Of course people can add a little something, bar of candy
or something to be shared with the rest of the family if they so wish.

Trouble is, if you get too many group projects going, one of them gets in
the way, and starts dropping in numbers. So this is why I prefer to stick
to this.

At the moment we have the Secret Projects that Nora does, and this is very
active, then Coggie does secret swaps, or swaps. So I am not in a position
to do anything else, especially at this time of the year.

But good luck to you or whoever does do this..

Cheers.....Cher

Old October 11th 03, 03:02 PM
Cori

Dear Cher,

That's ok. Right now I'm just trying to see if there would be any interest
and the timing doesn't have to be now. I know everyone is in a mad dash to
create for the holidays and all their other previous commitments. I guess I
should have made myself clearer lol! I wasn't proposing a new long running
project or exchange, just a once a year exchange.

My clearer idea (how this is happening without coffee I'm not sure)

Sometime in the middle of 2004 (how about MAY)
we have an exchange of a small item for a member in our family such as a
child, husband, significant other. If it's for child or children in many
cases include a couple of items and address it to all of them.
The item(s) exchanged would be small
It doesn't have to be handmade
It could be something interesting from your country, culture or area(s) of
interest.

Some suggestions could be....
A stamp like Mirjam suggested would be great! It's small, generally
inexpensive, and can be very pretty.
A recipe that you enjoy with your family
A postcard of something in your area that you like
A letter, telling some interesting facts about where you live and what you
like to do.

The general idea is to get to know a bit more about the other countries,
cultures and people that visit this group. And to give the other people in
our lives a stuffie in the mail ;D Kind of like a hug from a new place.

I've been reading all your posts and wondering about all of you, where
you're from, what it's like there, is it hot? cold? for those who have
actually posted where they are from I've been going on the web and google
searching your locations. Are you in the north? south? What your general
area looks like. That kind of thing. After being on some other newsgroups
and reading posts that start out nice but end up with people picking each
other apart this group is refreshing. I've seen a celebration of
differences here because we are all addicted to yarn! There is the
occasional verbal spanking over a post but there is no sniping at a person
on a personal level.

Even if this idea doesn't take off I'd like you to know that I enjoy your
company, would love to learn all about you and thoroughly enjoy each post.

Whew! I'm wordy today. I'll close now before I repeat myself (likely) or
wax sentimental (very likely).

Hugs to all,
Cori

Old October 11th 03, 03:40 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

May i Second Cher here ,, please ladies ,, i just can`t take ,more
stuff on ,,,, i can send poststamps , postcards etc,,, but please only
one project ,,,, my book looks with crooked eyes at any other
activities i do !!!
Also tooooo much group projects will ruin the fun .
mirjam

Old October 11th 03, 04:12 PM
Cori

Dear Sarah,

Not from the UK. I'm in the round state of Ohio across the pond.

Thanks for your offer! Do I have to fix your list email to email you
privately with info?

Hugs,
Cori

Old October 11th 03, 04:55 PM

Hi Cori

What part of Ohio are you in? I live close to the Ohio River, near the
northern panhandle of West Virginia.

Carol Ann