Beautiful Square

Old October 6th 03, 02:12 AM
Cori

Default Beautiful Square

I was browsing the links Aud sent and saw this beauty! I can't wait to try
it out.

http://members.aol.com/gandal195/aprildawn.html

It's a crocheted square. Each time I get a new partner I start cruising the
web for new squares lol!! I try to pick something unusual and now I have a
new source!!!

Thanks Aud. You just gave me hours of enjoyment cruising and another few
hours of drooling. (I say as I mop the keyboard off ) )

Happy crafting,
Corine

---

Old October 6th 03, 08:24 AM
Aud

Isn't that nice, Cori!
I have tried, but have problem with the "bullion stitches!
AUD ;-)

--

"Cori" skrev i melding

Old October 6th 03, 08:24 AM
Anna MCM

Cori wrote:

I was browsing the links Aud sent and saw this beauty! I can't wait to try
it out.

http://members.aol.com/gandal195/aprildawn.html

Itīs lovely, thanks for sharing!
Never tried bullion stitch, it sounds challenging!
Iīve read somewhere that it requires a special hook, is that true?

One of my favourites recently is this one:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/...mtbrand=AOL_US

It looks MUCH more difficult than in reality it is.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 08:32 AM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

Isn't that nice, Cori!
I have tried, but have problem with the "bullion stitches!
AUD ;-)

Hej Aud!

Itīs possible that the stitch requires a special hook, a hook without
the little "place for holding it", I hope that you can understand what I
mean. Never seen them here in Europe, but maybe thatīs just me...

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 08:33 AM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

Anna Maria!
That must be the reason why my hook hang up
whatever I did, or "wrinkeled", shaked or tried to "lurk" it through the
stitches,
even the rounds around the needle were loose or a bit or more firm!
I thought I was totaly without any talent for bullion stitches!
AUD !!LOL!!

Aud, we are both on line at the same moment :-)))
I got your answer when I sent mine to your previous message!

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 08:45 AM
Aud

Look what I found, Anna Maria!
You are right!
I thought it might be a needle which "closed" the hook, that was NOT right!
http://tinyurl.com/pumh
AUD ;-))

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Old October 6th 03, 09:15 AM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

Look what I found, Anna Maria!
You are right!
I thought it might be a needle which "closed" the hook, that was NOT right!
http://tinyurl.com/pumh
AUD ;-))

Thanks Aud!

It sounds fashinating! Hope to find such a hook somewhere!

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 12:50 PM
Carol in TN

Anna Maria,
This is a beautiful square. Thanks for sharing.
Carol in TN

Old October 6th 03, 03:00 PM
Anna MCM

Carol in TN wrote:

Anna Maria,
This is a beautiful square. Thanks for sharing.
Carol in TN

Hi Carol!

Give it a try! Itīs not as difficult as it looks.
The directions for the cabled row can be slightly confusing at first
sight, let me know if you have problems. Anyway: itīs very easy and the
result is lovely!

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 06:06 PM
Aud

Oh Anna Maria, I missed that in "the bullion" ;-)))))))
Really nice I will surely try!
AUD :-))

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding