Edmonton - Crochet Bags?

Old October 12th 03, 05:54 PM
Elizabeth Budd

Default Edmonton - Crochet Bags?

Hi,
I have a strange question/request.
I have been frantically searching for string shopping bags for a play that
will be performed at the University of Alberta in two weeks, I am a theatre
production student there. I haven't been able to locate the four bags I
need, but did stumble on this pattern
http://www.coatsandclark.com/body_fr...tring_purs.htm for the
handy net bag.
I am trying to locate someone, or several people who have some time over the
next couple of days to create a bag, or bags for me, and are within the
area.
I would of course cover the expense for the yarn, and could probably work
out some other form of reimbursement, even if it's just for tickets to the
play.
If you can help, or know of someone who could that would be greatly
appreciated.
Thankyou
Elizabeth

Old October 12th 03, 08:01 PM
Olwynmary

I have been frantically searching for string shopping bags for a play that
will be performed at the University of Alberta in two weeks, I am a theatre
production student there. I haven't been able to locate the four bags I need,

Health food and upscale grocery stores often carry these, but if you are
desperate (I know how it is, trying to locate props in a hurry) I have some
similar ones - not drawstring, not all the same size - which I crocheted for
myself to my own pattern a few years ago, I could overnight them to you.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old October 12th 03, 10:23 PM
Els van Dam

In article 2Hfib.76033$9l5.11384@pd7tw2no, "Elizabeth Budd"
wrote:

[...]

Elizabeth....Loblaws used to sell these bags for 99 cents. I do know that
i have seen these in the Canadian supper stores as well....that by the way
is also Loblaws West Canada.....Try some of thes super markets, or even
the dollars stores they may have them. I do think that I have one hanging
around here somewhere. E-mail me and we can see how to get it to you

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 13th 03, 01:53 AM
Elizabeth Budd

Thank you everyone for your response. After finding the pattern I decided
that there must be someone in the area that would be making them, so hit a
few craft sales, and flee markets and managed to find four. Yeah!!! I wish
I had thought of that sooner, it would have saved me numberous trips to
thrift shops, eco shops, health food shops, and grocery stores.

Thanks again,
Elizabeth