GOOD MORNING to Sunday 14 th

Old May 14th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default GOOD MORNING to Sunday 14 th

Good morning all it is a nice day and i clean the house ,, more later
mirjam
Old May 14th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good Morning Mirjam,

I knocked down a spider web on my way from the kitchen to the computer.
Does that count as house cleaning? g

Today my family is taking me out to eat for Mother's Day, and we'll
probably go visit my in-laws. I may knit just a little to finish a
slipper. I'm also thinking of starting a cross-stitch pillow that I've
had on hand for quite a while. I'm thinking the movement of my arm
will be different than knitting, so it may not irritate the elbow as
much.

It rained earlier this morning, but now the sun is trying to come out.

Happy Sunday/Mother's Day all,
Joy

Old May 14th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It is still morning here, and I have a few minutes to write. I first of all
want to wish all of the women here, as well as the wives/significant others
of the men here, a very happy Mother's Day, even if you/they are not
mothers. (It really should be Woman's Day.)

I have not been here very much, and have not written, lately, as I have been
going to work with DH between 3-5 days per week. We put in long hours and
the only time I get to knit and/or crochet is while we are in the car and it
is still light out. (Last month, I crochetted 9 granny squares and knit a
simple spring scarf. I am still "working" on 2 baby sweaters. The babies
will probably be too large for the sweaters by the time I am finished. LOL)

I am off to Florida on Tuesday to visit my parents, so if you need to reach
me, please email me directly.

In conclusion, I want to wish anyone who has or will be celebrating an
auspicious event (birthday, engagement, anniversary, graduation, etc) hearty
congratulations. To anyone who needs prayers, condolences, or
encouragement, please know that my thoughts will be with you in your time of
need. And to all our newcomers (except those trolls who invaded us), I wish
you a warm welcome.

Janise

Old May 14th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Well it's now afternoon, and it's been a bit overcast and gloomy here. We
were promised sun later but it hasn't appeared yet!
We're having a quietish day, recovering from yesterday when we went up to
DD2's house to help her prepare for her 21st b'day party. Her b'day was
yesterday, and from the reports of people who were at the party (DD1 & DS) a
great time was had by all. We'll (family) probably all get together next
month to celebrate both her 21st & my Dad's 80th. Obviously a good year for
important birthdays!
Happy Mother's Day to all who are being celebrated today, have a lovely day
Love & higs
Christine

Old May 14th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Good morning all it is a nice day and i clean the house ,, more later
mirjam

Good Sunday morning to YOU as well, Mirjam, and ALL rcty
friends/family! It's a beautiful day here in middle Tennessee, USA...
too beautiful to spend the day cleaning. I would've done it friday
or saturday, but was working a construction job most of last week,
and actually, when no one is 'here' all week, the house doesn't seem
to clutter itself, LOL! I didn't get ANY knitting, spinning or crocheting
done at ALL this
past week, I feel withdrawls today! Am thinking it might be a good
day to suggest to Don that he go treasure-hunting (metal detecting-he
has a deep underwater machine and a ground machine)... and since I
don't get into the 'hunt' one iota, I can sit and knit and enjoy the
outdoors... being together but not joined at the hip, so-to-speak!
My ma is up in Wisconsin this weekend, as one of my nephews graduated
college yesterday, as well as celebrated his 23rd birthday, so for
once, my sister 'gets' ma on Mother's Day... leaving a lot of the
past 47 years of pressure off ME for a change. (my sister complained
loudly when I moved away, she's never had to deal with ma or her
issues or her health problems).
I'm getting long-winded here, but suffice to say, I'm considered a
pariah now by my ma and sister....

Well, *we* don't consider you a pariah, luvvie!

Keith and I went to brunch with some friends plus Kandace. I plan to spend
the afternoon marking papers. (Another thing I won't miss next year!) And I
am not planning anything for dinner other than a nap. g It is a beautiful
day here - temps near 30 C, and sunny. A good day to stay indoors. g I am
doing laundry, and plan to hang it out to dry.

Higs,
Katheirne

Old May 14th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Not so loud, Mirjam! Debbie is asleep and this post is all she would
need to get me on a serious list of honeydews. After all it is Mother's
Day (US) and I am bringing her breakfast in bed (ah, isn't he sweet?)
-- but I was hopeful to spend a little time there myself finishing my a
dozen knitted dishrags this morning. Got a free huge spindle thingee
of worsted weight cotton variegated yarn (yellow, orange & white) and I
am on a serious program of making place mats and dishrags and whatnot!

Padishar Creel

Old May 14th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good Evening [here] Joy , knocking down a spider`s net ,,,, Yes you
did your cleaning of the day ... i did a bit more , and knitted a bit
, and returned 2 art works to artist, ++++++
Today my family is taking me out to eat for Mother's Day, and we'll

It is not Mother`s day here , and i just made my usual cooking +++
xst movement is a good different hand excercize !!!!
mirjam
Old May 14th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Sorry Padisher , had no intention of waking Debby ....
Good fellow to bring breakfast into bed ,,,,,,,
mirjam
Old May 14th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Good morning all it is a nice day and i clean the house ,, more later
mirjam

Hi all,
evening here now, I slept in late, first time this week enjoying my 4th
of 5 days off, didn't ask for it, but sometimes the work just works out
that way, some weeks I work 4 days some only 2 days, I say this is my
year to "Play" being retired only working part-time!
dd1 did not come this weekend , stayed to work on new house with hubby
and her brother and friends helping. they said there was wallpaper glue
on some of the walls to scrape and prime before painting.sounds like
alot of work, but I think this will be a home they will be in for a long
time ,so they want to fix it up the way they want.plus the house they
are in now has not sold so they have time.
Big thunder storm here this morning, now its sunny and nice.
When to bfriends moms for lunch, she is 85 so sweet, but can't remember
things well, can remember every thing from 50 years ago ,but not last
week, (you know how that is).
dd1 says gbaby needs bigger soaker pants she's 15 pounds now, I just
happen to find a bag of wool yarn at the thrift store for 25 cents!!
just enough to make two pair, so that is on needles now.
I have a room full of 4 ply worsted acrylic yarn, alot I make bags and
baby blankets to sell at craft/flea market, but alot I make sell there
or make some to give to shelters.
Happy Mothers Day to all,
Jenny

Old May 15th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam for the first time I am actually saying good on Sunday where most of
our RCTYers are . It is Monday here, of course, and you were the first to
wish me good morning, so that was wonderful , have a nice day god Bless
Gwen