Lotteries and Gatherings

Old September 18th 03, 08:23 AM
Christina Peterson

Default Lotteries and Gatherings

Everything!

Tina

From: "Dr. Sooz"
Subject: Having a blast in Toledo! - OT
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:22 PM

Oh, I wish we could all have a big gathering. Wouldn't that be fun?

We once had a thread here describing what we'd do if we won the lottery. An
RCB Gathering was wayyy high on the list.....and the descriptions of the
Perfect Gathering were such fun! Should we revisit this thread -- start a
new
What Would You Do If You Won Lotto?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 19th 03, 01:12 AM
Dr. Sooz

I would............
Send my hunky stud pilot around the world, flying a Gulfstream IV jet, to pick
up all my beady buddies. (You can only IMAGINE the great snacks and
entertainment on board this jet! Since I have the Beaders' Preferences file at
my fingertips)

Then we'd rent out every single room at a luxury beachside inn/spa with lots of
community rooms (fireplaces for evenings)......Staff would (of course) include
massage therapists, a gourmet cook, lots of maids to change your pure linen
sheets every day and restock the amazing Jurlique and Crabtree
toiletries........(not to mention the custom-chosen chocolates and other
goodies in each room's free minibar).

We'd have an amazing roster of teachers show up every day (but not an
overwhelming crowd, since we can stay a whole month -- we have plenty of time).
There would be advanced AND beginning PMC, all sorts of glass stuff,
beadweaving wonders to be learned, everything imaginable. Mountains of the
best beading supplies would be available in the common room in big, overstuffed
armoires.

The beach would be gorgeous but not too warm, with cool evenings -- and it
would be *covered* with beautiful shells. You'd be able to easily see
migrating whales drifting by.

There'd be terrific shopping in the nearby village -- with neato clothes,
quilts, glass, paintings, shoes, soaps, and antiques. I would naturally
deliver a nice envelope to each attendee with loads of cash for shopping fun
(since I just won $100 million playing California Lotto).
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 19th 03, 05:55 AM
melinda

Dr. Sooz wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a lovely hoilday!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 19th 03, 03:52 PM
Diana Curtis

What would I do if I won the lotto... well.. first Id get all my various
family members set up with the workshop/rooms of their dreams*, and the kids
set up with the financial means to go to college or other type school when
they are old enough.
Then, Id go to Sooz's bead retreat and send DH and DD to Canada to visit the
rellies.
Then Id get my sewing/crafting/quilting/beading room all set up proper...and
then the kitchen would get a total overhaul. Do I have any money left?
Then Im going fabric/bead shopping. :-) Id send out loads of squishies and
BFNRs.
Id have a lot of fun.
Diana
* DS would get a darkroom, DIL would get a crafters room, DB would get a
woodworking and metalsmithing building..

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old September 19th 03, 04:12 PM
Marisa Cappetta

And when you pick me up make sure you have room for my torch and crucible so
I could cast everyone a charm to remember the trip by.

--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

Old September 19th 03, 05:18 PM
Deirdre S.

Oooo. That sounds perfectly perfect.

Deirdre

Old September 19th 03, 07:17 PM
Dr. Sooz

And when you pick me up make sure you have room for my torch and crucible so
I could cast everyone a charm to remember the trip by.

Ohhhh wow!
~~
Sooz
-------