interesting sock discussion

Old November 10th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default interesting sock discussion

Sounds interesting , thus in fact one might knit 3 heels at the same
time and keep one as reserve ???
mirjam

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:03:08 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

Farant welcome here ,,
i never heard of a Peasant heel ,,, ????????what is this ???
mirjam

Hi Mirjam. A peasant heel, or afterthought heel, is a heel knitted
onto the sock last. It's really just another toe where a turned heel
would normally go. Instead of darning up a hole in the heel you can
just pull it off and put on a new one!

Old November 10th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I just started a pair in crochet and will try to make my heel on more
than 50%. Given the pattern and the way the sock is worked, it will
end up being on about 66%. I'll let you know how that goes.

Louise

Old November 11th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Sock luck
mirjam
2 -0800, " wrote:

I just started a pair in crochet and will try to make my heel on more
than 50%. Given the pattern and the way the sock is worked, it will
end up being on about 66%. I'll let you know how that goes.

Louise

ISO sock pattern recs for self-striping and variegated sock yarns Laura J Yarn 24 October 12th 06 11:11 PM
Sock Yarn Question hesira Yarn 10 June 28th 06 03:16 PM
Another Sock Question hesira Yarn 12 May 30th 06 04:35 AM
The Sock Saga Continues Joy Yarn 6 May 21st 06 02:39 AM
I'm ba-a-a-a-ck!! (Polyclay discussion groups?) Sherry Bailey Polymer Clay 6 September 18th 03 08:18 PM