What do you think of Babylock?

Old July 28th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default What do you think of Babylock?

I am on the cusp of trading my Janome 5700 for a mechanical machine.
I've tried both the Janome 1600 and the Babylock model that's
comparable and find (disconcertingly) that I like the Babylock better.
Although it's lighter, it seems quieter and smoother. Also, it has an
extended bed and the Janome doesn't.

Have any of you had experience with Babylock? Please let me know....
our Janome dealer just folded and now we only have one sewing machine
shop in town. They carry Bernina and Babylock....

Sunny
Old July 28th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

If you are talking about the Babylock QCP (Quilters Choice Pro). I had
that machine and recently sold it with my frame. I also have the
Brother 1500S and can tell you that they are absolutely identical
(although some will argue one is better than the other). Inside and
out, the only thing different was the color of the stripes.

I still use the Brother for all of my quilting tasks. It is an amazing
machine and incredibly sturdy. The one thing I don't like is that it
has only a needle down button, not a needle up. I love the pinfeed.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old July 28th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

WitchyStitcher wrote:
I still use the Brother for all of my quilting tasks. It is an amazing
machine and incredibly sturdy. The one thing I don't like is that it
has only a needle down button, not a needle up. I love the pinfeed.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Linda,

What is pinfeed???

Judie
Old July 29th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Me too, Judie. What *is* pinfeed? I have noticed that Nancy of Nancy's
Notions as well as Sewing with Nancy tv series of many decades is a Babylock
person. We would think that Nancy's reputation is very important to her and
that she wouldn't endorse junk. Polly

"Judie in Penfield NY" wrote Linda, What is pinfeed???

Old July 29th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

It is a little pin by the feed dogs that when engaged scootches the
fabric along to feed it evenly. It is great for long strips and
bindings and quilting in the ditch for small quilts. For larger
quilts, I still use the walking foot.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old July 29th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

I have 2 Babylocks---the Ellageo, which is an embroidery machine. I love
it. I also have the Quest Quilting machine---don't like at all. Will be
selling it eventually. I'm very disappointed in that machine.
Gen

Old July 29th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Me too, Judie. What *is* pinfeed? I have noticed that Nancy of Nancy's
Notions as well as Sewing with Nancy tv series of many decades is a
Babylock person. We would think that Nancy's reputation is very important
to her and that she wouldn't endorse junk. Polly

Welll, for many years Nancy endorsed and used only Pfaffs on her show.
Babylock is a fairly recent change for her, within the past five years I
think.

Iris (not that I have any problem with Nancy, or her notions either!)

Old August 26th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

Both my machines are Babylock: the quilter's choice professional is great
for quilting and basic piecing: fast, good stitch quality. I also have a
decorator's choice which has been great too: it does the fancy stuff too. I
bought both because they had what I needed at considerably less than Pfaff
or Bernina.

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old August 26th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

I, like Gen, bought the babylock quest and am extremely unhappy with
it. The dealer can find nothing wrong with it, so I can't get any
satisfaction from them. Emailed Babylock, they said to talk to the
dealer, it's not their problem. So I can't endorse Babylock as a
company, and having no experience with babylock other than the quest,
can't endorse the machine either.

maybe I'll email Eleanor Burns? Musicmaker
Old August 26th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

I just bought a Babylock Grace. I am very impressed with it.
I have no experience on any of the fancy new machines, my
previous machine is a Kenmore that is 35 years old!

Karen in WI

Sunny wrote:
I am on the cusp of trading my Janome 5700 for a mechanical machine.
I've tried both the Janome 1600 and the Babylock model that's
comparable and find (disconcertingly) that I like the Babylock better.
Although it's lighter, it seems quieter and smoother. Also, it has an
extended bed and the Janome doesn't.

Have any of you had experience with Babylock? Please let me know....
our Janome dealer just folded and now we only have one sewing machine
shop in town. They carry Bernina and Babylock....

Sunny

Babylock Decorator's Choice KI Graham Quilting 3 August 5th 07 09:06 PM
Babylock machines Don/Gen Quilting 0 September 22nd 04 09:59 PM
BabyLock Serger Accessories Question Monica Sewing 2 July 11th 04 01:24 AM
Babylock Digitizing Question Steve McDevitt Sewing 1 January 8th 04 12:29 AM
Babylock Digitizing Steve McDevitt Sewing 1 January 7th 04 05:12 PM