Politics

Old July 22nd 03, 06:51 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Politics

A few of us have followed political events since 9/11 with great interest.

In that vein, the Democrats have aired a commercial that is causing
quite a stir: positive, negative and a shrug of the cynical shoulders.

If you'd like to see it, you can go he
http://www.democrats.org/truth/

It didn't go well on my lousy modem. grin It's not airing
everywhere, and some television stations have refused to air it,
according to news reports on NPR.

While there, I filled out a comment section and a survey. I blasted the
democrats for the survey (more pablum when what we need are serious
questions); and blasted the democrats for not taking strong stands, for
passing Patriot I, for helping to erode workers rights, for passing laws
with no teeth. Amongst other things, I also told them to "get a voice
and stop mumbling."

By the way, I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

There. That felt better.
Dianne

Old July 22nd 03, 09:43 PM
Lucille

Thanks for sharing Dianne. I haven't seen it on any station here in Florida
and since Jeb, our Governor, is W's brother, I wonder if we ever will.
Lucille

Old July 22nd 03, 10:18 PM
Caryn

A few of us have followed political events since 9/11 with great interest.

In that vein, the Democrats have aired a commercial that is causing
quite a stir: positive, negative and a shrug of the cynical shoulders.

It only seems fair for the Dems to have a scandal about Bush lying like the GOP
had over Clinton.

I am biased, I believe more in the values of the Dems than those of the GOP.

But that's my right, right?

Caryn

Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 23rd 03, 12:18 AM
Dianne Lewandowski

Caryn wrote:
It only seems fair for the Dems to have a scandal about Bush lying
like the GOP had over Clinton.

I am biased, I believe more in the values of the Dems than those of
the GOP.

I don't think the Democrats stand for anything, anymore. I use to
"lean" in that direction - though I was raised a Republican. Basically,
I'm an "independent" with a liberal bent. After what I went through
this past year, I trust few in Washington DC. My eyes were opened to
what has been going on the past 25 years or so. I was shocked,
dismayed. Far too many are in the pockets of corporate America.

They only cooked Clinton because he lied under oath. They'll have to
get Bush for lying to Congress. That will be tough to prove/do.
Republicans are in control. The citizenry has a very short memory and
tire of issues quickly. This isn't glamorous enough, and our soldiers
aren't dying by the thousands.
Dianne

Old July 23rd 03, 10:25 AM
georg

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Caryn wrote:
[...]

One death is one death too many. How about the Iraqis who died by the
thousands?

Oh but I'll really start ranting and foaming at the mouth.

So my current quickie project is with hand-dyed variated purples over a
Fossil Fern lavender. A friend of mine is having a rough time, and she
said "I just have to get back up, 'cause I can't quilt lying down." So
I'm doing two of these sayings, and she's going to turn them into
quilted wallhanging. She'll send me one back. Fossil Fern is a trademark
way of making a hand-dyed batik cotton. It ought to be loverly when done.

-georg

Old July 23rd 03, 04:22 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

georg wrote:
One death is one death too many. How about the Iraqis who died by the
thousands?

Yes, but our "general" public doesn't care. They're over there. And
after all, they were behind 9/11. And they're "muslims". (I'm being
facetious. And no, I don't think every single American feels this way -
just the noisy ones).

So my current quickie project is with hand-dyed variated purples over a
Fossil Fern lavender.

Ahhhh, quilting! Jacinta just sent me pictures of my "challenge" page
with the design worked in trapunto. She's going to do another in
English quilting. Don't know what that is, exactly, but I'll find out
soon enough.

Why is it that people either LOVE purple, or hate it? I'm "learning",
very timidly, to like it. Maybe cuz I'm getting more gray? I like it
that my husband is color blind and thinks it is blonde, but when I look
in the mirror, I can't find any light brown/ash blond stuff at the top
and sides anymore. grin

Dianne

Old July 23rd 03, 07:28 PM
Cathy Collins

Dianne-

I just loved reading your post...it may have been about several different
things, but somehow it just all melts together in a wisdom-filled
sort-a-way. Thanks for that.

By the way, I am a purple-holic too and you're right...you either love it or
hate it, it seems, although there are a lot more purple things to purchase
now than before.

Cathy

Old July 24th 03, 01:05 AM
emerald

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message .
Why is it that people either LOVE purple, or hate it?

Purple Rules!!
I've just finished making a purple quilt for the 7 y.o. daughter of a
friend. Oh it was fun to do!

emerald

Old July 24th 03, 01:50 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Wow! Thanks for sharing that, Linda.
I have to admit (and I've not seen that many), it's the first time I've
been acquainted with cross stitch for a crazy patch.

Is that your own tatting?

gotta admit, I really loved the colors!
Dianne

Linda wrote:
Ahhhh! You would like my purple vest. Been working on it for years -
just need time and inspiration to finish

http://kapana.customer.netspace.net.au/cq/cq-wip.html

Huggles

Linda
Known on Yahoo Lists as "Purple Handmaiden"