Hello

Old August 23rd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Nicole[_2_]

Default Hello

Hi everyone, I thought I would introduce myself. I'm new to the group
and new to beading. I'm still trying to work out exactly what it is I
want to do with beads but my collection is growing from precious
gemstones to small swarskov (Sp?) bead to fun, colourful beads.

I'm Nicole, I live in Hong Kong and I did a beading course many, many
years ago. Since discovering an amazing number of bead shops in one
shopping area, my interest in beading has increased.

Look forward to gaining inspiration.
Nicole

Old August 23rd 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Welcome Nicole, I think I am the only one from Uk who participates in
this group. There used to be more of us.
Anyway this is a good group for learning about things.
No question is a silly question, so ask away.

Wished I could visit your bead shops, they are very few and far between
where I live.
However I have some very good friends in this NG who will quickly leap
in to action to get me what I want. They are generous lovely people.
Shirley

In message . com,
Nicole writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old August 24th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Welcome, Nicole!

I look forward to seeing some of your work!

I try to stick to beads, but I can't help posting silly pictures of our
guinea pig, Butterbean, or my dogs.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ups.com...

Old August 24th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Mike Gribble

Hi there, Nicole and Heather. Welcome. Many of us lurk and mean to post
but life gets busy. I live in New Zealand, teach full time and also grow
lavenders. Tonight I am flying from the North Island to the South for a
lavender grower's conference.

I also love beads but they are very expensive here. I buy a lot from
catalogue web sites. At present I am enjoying wire weaving work.

Cheers, Jan, who is married to Mike (37 years this week)and can't change
the heading!!
Old August 24th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather

Hi Jan and Jerri.....

Thanks for the welcome. And Happy Anniversary as well, Jan. We
celebrated our 46th on our holiday......can't believe it has been this
long!!

Our daughter has lived in your country a couple of times. It's one long
haul (22 hours?) from here. She toured the South Island but was living
near Wellington for a month.

Nice to meet you all after lurking for so long. But it has been an
excellent learning experience.

Cheers....Heather

Old August 25th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Hi Nicole...I know of another beader in Hong Kong...she's got a little
etsy store..you guys should try and meet.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=36159

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old August 26th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Welcome to the addiction!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

ups.com...

Old August 26th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Hi Nicole!

http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 29th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Welcome Nicole!

--
Valerie

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
ups.com...