Junk and tumblers and grinders

Old July 31st 03, 05:43 AM
Christina Peterson

Default Junk and tumblers and grinders

We don't have garbage pick up, so we regularly take our garbage to the dump.
Last week I picked up a food processor there at the exchange corner, and
finally realized today that it had no blades.

So I thought maybe Pete could use the motor. But for what? Well, what goes
'round and 'round. Something to sand or grind. Hey! A grinder for me. I
could go for that. But maybe he'd like it for something else. Hey! a
tumbler for me.

To be continued (sometime or other)...

Tina

Old July 31st 03, 10:14 AM
saucy

That's not a bad idea. I've needed a tumbler for quite some time to clean
coins I find with the metal detector.

Old July 31st 03, 07:30 PM
Diana Curtis

I had to replace the top to my food processor. It got melted in the oven...
anyway.. it cost 8 bucks to replace. It was worth it tho. I use it a fair
amount.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
If you want to use it as a food processor, call the company and ask about
ordering some blade. I used to do this with stuff I picked up at garage
sales ( usually toys or games). They charge practically nothing to

replace
something, I guess thinking you already bought their product and they want
to keep you happy. The most I ever paid was $2 for something.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 1st 03, 05:04 AM
Christina Peterson

Getting the blades probably makes most sense. But you know, I'd really
rather have a buffer/grinder or a tumbler than a food processor.

Tina

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
You might see if the manufacturer sells the blades via mail order. It
could still be a big bargain. But the improvisational uses sound
pretty interesting, too.

Deirdre

Old August 1st 03, 05:27 PM
Barbara Otterson

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:30:21 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

I had to replace the top to my food processor. It got melted in the oven...
anyway.. it cost 8 bucks to replace. It was worth it tho. I use it a fair
amount.
Diana

Ahhhhh, remind me to tell you about my paper
making escapade sometime. And the forgotten
blender lid...............
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,
the other one we make."
Mary Chapin Carpenter

Old August 1st 03, 09:13 PM
Christina Peterson

I think it would be neat to make paper with white lint from drying undies.
Beautiful rag paper.

Tina

Old August 2nd 03, 12:28 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:13:07 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

I think it would be neat to make paper with white lint from drying undies.
Beautiful rag paper.

Tina

It's very easy to do.......really!..............

Old August 2nd 03, 12:55 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:32:42 -0400, "KDK" wrote:

Ok - do tell. I already have a good visual image going !!!

Kathy K

Talked me into it!
I had gone to a marketing workshop for MO artisans.
Everybody had a display of what they did. There was a
woman who makes paper and cast paper ornaments.
She also sells kits that allow you to make paper from
your junk mail.
What a great idea! thinks I!! I'll get one of those and
make neat hang-tags (something I still haven't gotten
around to) for my stuff. So I buy one.
I go home. I boil up a mess of junk mail and let it
cool. I follow the instructions, I put the results into
the blender. Still reading the instructions, I switch
it on!!!!!!. Suddenly I am very cold and wet. I can't
see the instructions. I realize the lid to the blender is
still in my hand. I have already turned off the blender,
but, wow!!!!!!!!!
I am covered, head to toe, in wet, blue, dripping
paper. My kitchen walls in that corner of the room
have been papered. As has the fridge
and all the appliances and cabinets. As I begin
mopping up, I realize it's raining. Looking up I see
blue sky. No. Wait. That's......Paper! It is coating
that stupid textured ceiling. But I get it all cleaned
up. (Ha!) I wash me off. Peel it off my clothes.
I proceed to make blue paper. It comes out very
nice. It's a lot more time and effort than I had
imagined for the amount of results.
The doorbell rings. It's the UPS guy. He
starts to hand me the clipboard to sign. He
stops. He stares. I glance into the entryway
mirror. Blue chicken pox! I smile and tell him
it isn't contagious. I close the door and clean
my face better. That was 3 years ago.
Last time my eldest was home (in June) I
moved something in the kitchen that had
been moved and cleaned behind since the
"incident" (I swear!). And what flakes off?
You got it. Blue paper.
Junk mail anyone?