Gryphon vs. Superstar II grinders

Old April 22nd 05, 06:55 PM
jo

Default Gryphon vs. Superstar II grinders

I'm thinking about purchasing my first grinder and I like some aspects
of the Gryphon, in theory, anyways. But, no one around here carries
them and hence, I don't get to try before I buy. Google was full of
people who liked the Inland or Glastar they owned, but I only saw one
post from a Gryphon owner and it didn't address my concerns about it.

Not enough difference in price point or bit quality to matter to me.

The only real differences I see is that water is gravity fed from above
the work platform on the Gryphon so the water delivered is cleaner, the
Gryphon is described as "lighter" than other grinders, and it has a 1/5
HP DC motor compared to the Superstars' 1/12 HP AC motor.

I'm not too concerned about the power aspect between these grinders,
since I'll just be cleaning up some glass edges with it.

I am a bit concerned about the grinder "walking" if it is lighter than
the other grinders I've used.

I also wonder if the water "tower" delivers water at a greater or less
volume than the typical set up, and if it is sufficient enough to clear
the work platform of bits of glass.

Any input on these issues from those of you who have tried the Gryphon?

Gryphon Wire Saw Elle Glass 0 August 5th 04 02:08 PM
Gryphon Wire Saw Charles A Peavey Glass 0 August 4th 04 11:11 PM
Junk and tumblers and grinders Christina Peterson Beads 9 August 2nd 03 12:55 AM