ISGB Gathering, Portland, OR, Summer 2004

Old November 19th 03, 08:14 AM
Beadseeker

Default ISGB Gathering, Portland, OR, Summer 2004

So...reading about your great adventures at the BABE conference makes me drool
with envy. I'm going to try to go to The Gathering in Portland next summer -
who else is going to be there?? I know Kandice and Tink will be going.
And, if you are going, are you selling beads at the Bazaar?
Patti

Old November 19th 03, 01:00 PM
Karen_AZ

I'm intending to go, but not entirely certain yet. I love Portland.

I don't think there's much info available yet. When there is, it will be
he
http://www.isgb.org/index.shtml

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old November 19th 03, 05:43 PM
Kandice Seeber

I might be selling beads - I am on the committee, so I will definitely be
there. But I may be too busy to have my own table - I might ask to share
someone's, or I might recruit family to help out. I know a ton of
people from ISGB will be there, including Paulette, of course.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 19th 03, 06:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

OMG, would that be cool? Lampwork to buy buy buy? People to see????? (All I
bought at BABE this time -- and I try to narrow my search at each show, so as
not to be too distracted -- was lampwork......and a tiny bit of Bali.)

Yikes.

I'm going to try to go to The Gathering in Portland next
summer -
who else is going to be there??

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old November 19th 03, 07:24 PM
Jalynne

If i understand correctly, you have to be a member to attend? Hmmmm, it'll be a
while before I can do that, if ever. However....if any of you are coming for it, i
can drive down to meet you for dinner or something...I'd really like that.
--
Jalynne

Old November 19th 03, 07:24 PM
Dr. Sooz

so . . . i'm not a member of ISGB. i don't make glass, i just use it.
if i drive all the way to Portland and stay with my sister, am i going
to be able to get in? is it one of those things where everyone is
going to be too tired at the end of the day to get together?

Great question.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old November 19th 03, 07:28 PM
Karen_AZ

In the past the sale was completely open to the public, as well as allied
exhibitions. It's only the demonstrations and lectures that are "members
only".

Old November 19th 03, 09:20 PM
Kandice Seeber

I am pretty sure the Bead Bazaar is a public event, but I am not sure about
the rest of it. There are a lot of glass classes, tours and seminars and
such. And I do know that I will be in Portland for at least a week or so
(staying with family), and I hope to get together with as many people as
possible, but I have no idea how tired I will be. I am in on the planning
of the event, so I am going to be relatively busy. Beyond that, not much
has been planned, and I do not want to commit to anything just yet, since
it's so far away.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]I might be selling beads - I am on the committee, so I will definitely be
]there. But I may be too busy to have my own table - I might ask to share
]someone's, or I might recruit family to help out. I know a ton of
]people from ISGB will be there, including Paulette, of course.

so . . . i'm not a member of ISGB. i don't make glass, i just use it.
if i drive all the way to Portland and stay with my sister, am i going
to be able to get in? is it one of those things where everyone is
going to be too tired at the end of the day to get together?

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old November 21st 03, 04:22 AM
Beads1947

If I go, I probably won't be selling at the Bead Bazaar. Am really
discouraged about low sales.
But, I WILL be up to party and meet everyone. ISGB has a lot of socializing
and fun in addition to the seminars, classes, etc.
Patti