Sort of OT, ad kinda - update on website, including Bead Notes

Old July 14th 03, 10:11 PM
Kandice Seeber

I knew that might be a problem for some browsers. It's that left navigation
thing. I am trying to use basic HTML for left navigation, but I am having
trouble with it. I don't know Java. Anyone want to volunteer some code to
help?

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Also seeing it on your beads page. I'm guessing the table you are using
doesn't have the top row size defined properly on each page.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Looks nice, but for some reason when I go to the links list page, there

is
HUGE amount of white space above the floral border thingy. LMK if you

want
me to send you a screen cap of what I'm seeing.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
et...
Sort of OT, sort of an ad but not really -
I have finished my graphics update on my website - yey! The graphics

are
lovely - thank you Deborah! She used some of my beads as a template.
Also up is Sooz's Links List (the parts of it that are finished) and

Bead
Notes. Bead Notes is in it's entirety on my website, and it's

freaking
loooooooong. It's not meant to be read from top to bottom, but if you

have
the time, knock yourself out. It's alphabetical, and seperated by

letter.
It's all on one page. So much beady information, it's scary. It will

be
updated when Sooz feels like sending me updates. Other than that, I

will
probably leave it alone. Please, please do not email me or Sooz asking

be
added to the Links List. It's not done, so not everyone's link is

there,
and
chances are, if she has seen the page and wants to add it, it will be

added
eventually.
I am still working ont he unofficial RBC faq, which hopefully will be

ready
soon. If anyone has any feedback about the site, please feel free!

And
if
you really like the site, I would LOVE it if you would vote! Link in

sig.

Thanks!
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 14th 03, 10:12 PM
Kandice Seeber

Thank you for the input! I will definitely see what I can do about
anchoring the left navigation - I will have to learn how. Putting some
pics of beads on the home page is a good idea.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"CLP" wrote in message
I think the new graphics are light and lovely and the whole feel is very
nice. I have 2 suggestions:
1. Anchor the menu on the left so that when you scroll the page the menu
remains stationary. (ery?)
2. I think the beads that were the inspiration for the site should be on

the
home page. Your work grabs attention and if someone unfamiliar with who

you
are and what you do should stumble onto the page, actually seeing some

beads
would compel them to stay awhile and look around.

Good work!

Live and be well,
Christy

Old July 14th 03, 10:23 PM
Linx

Any way to get my site on the list? Just wondering. )
Linx
Wearable Art by Linx
http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
On Ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...userid=fearles
slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Old July 14th 03, 10:28 PM
CLP

One of the easiest ways to learn any html (if you use a pc) is to right
click on a page and "view source". That way you can read how everything was
done.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old July 14th 03, 11:18 PM
Tink

LOL!

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 15th 03, 12:45 AM
Christina Peterson

Thank you for adding Notes and Links to you site. I love the clean bright
look and the speed with which it up loads. As to the navigation on the
left. Very many places don't have it stay stationary. It's fine to be
current with the times but not on the leading edge.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
et...
Sort of OT, sort of an ad but not really -
I have finished my graphics update on my website - yey! The graphics are
lovely - thank you Deborah! She used some of my beads as a template.
Also up is Sooz's Links List (the parts of it that are finished) and Bead
Notes. Bead Notes is in it's entirety on my website, and it's freaking
loooooooong. It's not meant to be read from top to bottom, but if you

have
the time, knock yourself out. It's alphabetical, and seperated by letter.
It's all on one page. So much beady information, it's scary. It will be
updated when Sooz feels like sending me updates. Other than that, I will
probably leave it alone. Please, please do not email me or Sooz asking to

Old July 15th 03, 12:49 AM
Kandice Seeber

Don't worry - I will make it more apparent on the web page. I think maybe
Linx was kidding? (I hope!) Are you still getting requests via email, Sooz?
I get requests for links, and when I had time in the past, I would add them
to my personal links page. Unfortunately, it got to the point where I was
getting at least five per day, and I just didn't have time to keep up. So I
basically have scrapped my own links list and have replaced it with Sooz's.
If we work on it together, it will hopefully lighten the load for both of
us. So no requests anymore at all. Chances are, if you post here, one or
both of us will see the link, and if Sooz likes the page, and decides she
wants to, she'll add it or I will. The list is HUGE. I'm serious - there's
only a tiny fraction of it on the web site right now. We can't really
catalog the whole beady web, so we'll have to pick and choose. I am sorry
to all if this seems unfair, but there are plenty of other link exchanges
available on the web.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Any way to get my site on the list? Just wondering. )

As Kandice already stated, I don't take requests. Ever. If you were my

mom, I
wouldn't take your request (I don't play favorites, and I don't take

requests).

See, if I started taking requests, that'd be all I did, day and night. I

know
-- I used to take 'em. As Kandice said in a previous post, and on the

List
page, "Please DO NOT email us asking to be added to the list - chances are

that
we will find out about your link soon and add it." (Or we might not add
it....keep reading.)

I get a lot of links from this NG. In a previous post, I said, "And I

need to
say this -- the Links List had gotten so big that I had to find a way to

pare
it down; I had to raise the bar. The standards for websites being

included are
higher. Especially for overcrowded categories, like Lampwork, or
Jewelry.......The work really has to be professional to be included, ditto

for
the website. I had to be ruthless about this. I do not play favorites,

and
unless the work and site are truly outstanding, it's been eliminated. If

your
site isn't on it, you can get mad at me -- or see it as a challenge to

improve
what you're putting out there.
I really am sorry if this is upsetting to anyone. The Links List is meant

as a
tool, not a place to publicize and advertise. If you like, you can start

Links List of your own, including anything you wish."

Maybe someone could copy this and post it again. I'm worried that I will

have
to keep repeating myself, as it seems this post isn't being seen by some.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 15th 03, 01:13 AM
Linx

Oh, yes, I know this, but most navigation bars on the left are done in Java.
I know basic HTML, but not javascript - at least not yet. :

you can try a table within a table. If you need help, let me know )

Old July 15th 03, 01:18 AM
Linx

Don't worry - I will make it more apparent on the web page. I think maybe
Linx was kidding?

Nah, it was honest, I missed a post or two somewhere i think. But I seen sooz's
recent one now. I get it, sorry bout that. )

Old July 15th 03, 01:27 AM
Dr. Sooz

Are you still getting requests via email, Sooz?

Oh, sometimes, honey -- but very infrequently, and it's not a problem.
Certainly it has nothing to do with your wording on the website. Nothing,
don't change it -- it's great.

I get requests for links, and when I had time in the past, I would add them
to my personal links page. Unfortunately, it got to the point where I was
getting at least five per day, and I just didn't have time to keep up. So I
basically have scrapped my own links list and have replaced it with Sooz's.

You may definitely put my email address on the top of the page and direct all
requests to me. That would be preferable. And NO problem.

The list is HUGE. I'm serious - there's
only a tiny fraction of it on the web site right now.

This is very very very true.

We can't really
catalog the whole beady web, so we'll have to pick and choose. I am sorry
to all if this seems unfair, but there are plenty of other link exchanges
available on the web.

And you can always start your own, people, if you are unhappy with ours. Mine
started out tiny and very personal. It just got.......out of control.
~~
Sooz
-------