question regarding an AD

Old July 15th 03, 10:34 PM
marisa2

Default question regarding an AD

I got an oportunity to put an ad in a calender which will be given for free
to several hundred people. The price seems reasonable (actually, I am being
given half off) but I pretty much need to get the AD ready tonight!

It is supposed to be 2 X 3 1/2 inches (long length-wise).
The person putting together the calendar (a Rabbi, not a graphic designer!)
says that the ADs will be printed in black and white and he seemed to feel
it was odd that I would want to put an image on there and that it wouldn't
turn out well (again, this is a Rabbi, not a graphic designer ). I
personally think I'd like to show the edge of a necklace with a Jewish Star
on it (one of my Riverstone ones... unfortunately, the nicer stones are
pretty large and the ones I have left after the last fair have pretty large
surrounding beads).
Do you think that would show up well?
Would there be a point in even having the ad without any image on it?
He seemed to feel if I just put my website on people would go there but
frankly, I wouldn't go to a website just because a calendar told me to,
especially on something as subjective as jewelry .

I'm also not sure how much/what to put as far as wording.
I only put my URL and email address on my buisness cards. I feel I should
mention some of my offerings :

* original jewelry and apparel "inspired by nature"
* custom work
* kids/adults parties for making your own jewelry
* parties where I sell my jewelry (not sure what this should be called... I
am doing my first with my aunt in august and on the invitations she put
"Jewelry Boutique by Teva Yafae Original Design". I'm not sure exactly what
that means and whether it would mean that to the general public)

Any ideas on what might fit well into that space or how to organize it?

If you do have any... please let me know fast! I'm supposed to "let him
know" (by which I am pretty sure he meant, send in the ad) by today or
tomorrow at latest.

One last thing... he seemed to want me to put it int he same format he was
sending things in (to the company which actually creates the calendars), so
that he could "move things around". I do not see why he would want to move
things around within my ad. Do you think I can just send him a JPG? (I
guess I sort of answered my own question there, didn't I ....)

marisa2

Old July 15th 03, 11:03 PM
CLP

Marisa - did he say whether the ad needed to be supplied digitally or
camera-ready?

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

.com...

Old July 16th 03, 04:47 PM
Marisa E Exter

Chabad.

You are right, Publisher... sorry, was a bit frantic at the time. I got
something or other done, though.

marisa2

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Sounds like a Chabad calendar....and MS Project? That's a project tracking
software, not a graphics program. Did he maybe mean Publisher?

Question about Beading Thread Tracey Beads 6 July 16th 03 07:52 AM
Price of Jade Question... Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 15th 03 01:22 AM
Question - Bead Loom Dr. Sooz Beads 72 July 14th 03 01:54 AM
question: Finishing off loom work, and other beadweaving projects. Christina Peterson Beads 2 July 14th 03 12:47 AM
Moretti Glass question bluemaxx Beads 20 July 12th 03 11:12 PM