Bernette 410 -- stitch length problems

Old September 1st 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Phaedrine

Default Bernette 410 -- stitch length problems

In article vTXJg.18$I71.6@trnddc01, Taria
wrote:

You are right. Mine doesn't either (reverse that is)
I haven't sewn on it in too long I guess. I don't guess
that has ever bothered me if I didn't even notice though.

I even pulled out my manual thinking maybe I had missed something all
these years! LOL It sews in reverse.... just not continuous reverse
without holding the lever.... though I imagine something could be
propped under it for that purpose.

Interesting that my 930 cost about $1400 in 1985. It is
still worth more than half that amount and sews like
a dream. She has sewn a zillion miles I bet.
Everytime I have the gals over to sew someone
comments about how smooth it is. They all expect it
to sew like an old clunker I guess. A friend has an 830
and she says everytime she goes sewing machine shopping
she can't find a reason to get a new one.

The power board on my 931 blew recently--- the first thing to ever go
wrong with the machine--- and had to be replaced. I've used the machine
practically every day since I bought it and have sewed just about
anything you can think of on it. I felt like my firstborn had gone off
to college while it was out for repair. I recently purchased a 200e but
I still consider the 931 my workhorse.

Phae

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI,Shakespeare)
Old September 1st 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Phaedrine

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Phaedrine wrote in
50.dca.giganews.com:

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Phaedrine wrote in
.
com:

In article .com,
"AMM" wrote:

I have a Bernette (sp?) 410 sewing machine that we bought about 20
years ago reconditioned.

I'm fairly happy with it (especially when I look at what new
machines cost), except for one problem: it's not very good at
pulling the cloth through at a consistent rate.

This is a bottom of the line machine to start with. If it was
reconditioned 20 years ago (!), I can't imagine it has much life
left in it.

Tell that to my Featherweight workhorse.

Perhaps I missed something. Your remark has what to do with the OP's
Bernette?

My point was that age or previous ownership isn't necessarily a sign of a
machine that's outlived it's usefulness.

I see. And here I thought you were addressing something I said since
you posted it to me. I said it was a poor quality machine that had
already been *reconditioned* 20 years ago.

Old September 1st 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
FragileWarrior

Phaedrine wrote in

:

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Phaedrine wrote in
50.dca.giganews.com:

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Phaedrine wrote in

ws. com:

In article
.com,
"AMM" wrote:

I have a Bernette (sp?) 410 sewing machine that we bought about
20 years ago reconditioned.

I'm fairly happy with it (especially when I look at what new
machines cost), except for one problem: it's not very good at
pulling the cloth through at a consistent rate.

This is a bottom of the line machine to start with. If it was
reconditioned 20 years ago (!), I can't imagine it has much life
left in it.

Tell that to my Featherweight workhorse.

Perhaps I missed something. Your remark has what to do with the
OP's Bernette?

My point was that age or previous ownership isn't necessarily a sign
of a machine that's outlived it's usefulness.

I see. And here I thought you were addressing something I said since
you posted it to me. I said it was a poor quality machine that had
already been *reconditioned* 20 years ago.

Geez, relax, it was an innocent remark not a personal attack.
Old September 2nd 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Betty Vereen Hill wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Betty Vereen Hill wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for your tips, Cea. The ingenuity of people in solving problems with
what they have at hand is always a source of amazement for me.

Betty in Georgia

You're welcome Now, I just wish I could remember what I opened a
_big _paper clip up for...I remember it as a quite clever solution for
something, so I've kept it in my machine parts box, hoping the moment
would re-occur. It's going on about 6 or 7 years, so I guess that
particular brain fart is gone forever.
Cea

Difference btw Spilt stitch and Chain stitch? silverbells Needlework 3 September 15th 05 08:28 PM
Cross Stitch for sale lisa Marketplace 0 June 8th 04 12:36 AM
Instant Stitch: PM Stitch Creator 2.0 - new ! TEL Needlework 0 January 27th 04 11:26 PM
Huge list of Cross Stitch Items for Sale Theresa Marketplace 0 August 30th 03 02:52 AM
Lost Stitches Russell Miller Needlework 22 August 3rd 03 06:08 AM