LOL 'another' spinning *thought*

Old November 2nd 03, 01:10 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default LOL 'another' spinning *thought*

I'm always complaining that there's GOT to be 'something' one can do with
dryer-lint....
I've told Don... let's save it and use it for insulation or SOMETHING.. for
'years'...
(NOT a good insulator, btw)
This morning I was bXtching about it again... he said
"save it, and card or comb it, and spin it!"
I'm not sure if this would be feasible, but I sure thought it was FUNNY!
Hugs,
Noreen

---

Old November 2nd 03, 01:47 PM
SlinkyToy

You don't need to do anything with it, just spin it. You'll get
interesting stuff. Note: keep away from open flame!

Old November 2nd 03, 02:19 PM
Janise Ross

We could all save our dryer lint and send it to you. ;-)

Janise

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
wrote..
You don't need to do anything with it, just spin it. You'll get
interesting stuff. Note: keep away from open flame!

Really? Have you done it, Slink?
I'm drying a load right now! I wish I HAD saved all the other!!!
LOL,
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:45 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Janise Ross" wrote
We could all save our dryer lint and send it to you. ;-)

LOL
Katherine

Old November 2nd 03, 03:23 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:10:57 -0600, "Noreen's Knit*che" wrote:

I'm always complaining that there's GOT to be 'something' one can do with
dryer-lint....
I've told Don... let's save it and use it for insulation or SOMETHING.. for
'years'...
(NOT a good insulator, btw)
This morning I was bXtching about it again... he said
"save it, and card or comb it, and spin it!"
I'm not sure if this would be feasible, but I sure thought it was FUNNY!
Hugs,
Noreen

It can be spun, as is, with almost no prep. Just roll a sheet of it round a
smooth stick or knitting needle, slide off the tube and spin from the end
like a rolag. Since dryer lint is mostly cotton, we'd call that a puni if
we made it by carding and then rolling round the stick. Mostly it's really
short fibers, though and not a joy to spin. Making a puni will make it
easier, though. I do that with any short fibers I want to spin.

You could also use it to make paper, unless it has too many cat hairs.
Or better yet, just compost it, if it's all natural fibers.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old November 2nd 03, 03:41 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article , "Helen
\"Halla\" Fleischer" wrote..

It can be spun, as is, with almost no prep. Just roll a sheet of it round a
smooth stick or knitting needle, slide off the tube and spin from the end
like a rolag. Since dryer lint is mostly cotton, we'd call that a puni if
we made it by carding and then rolling round the stick. Mostly it's really
short fibers, though and not a joy to spin. Making a puni will make it
easier, though. I do that with any short fibers I want to spin.

You could also use it to make paper, unless it has too many cat hairs.
Or better yet, just compost it, if it's all natural fibers.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,

I think I'll WAIT on trying it, Helen!
Thanks for the great input!
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.
Old November 2nd 03, 05:02 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

Have you ever put it out for the birds to use? I don't know if I would want to
wear something made of that, but it is funny.

Hugs,

Nora

Cotton Spinning 1913 weaving vintage FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 12:58 AM
I forgot to tell you (regarding spinning) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 16 November 3rd 03 11:52 PM
Converts to spinning CMM PDX2 Yarn 7 October 30th 03 12:50 AM
spinning special coming up Els van Dam Yarn 17 October 12th 03 06:27 PM
Spinning and Weaving Neal Rogers Yarn 80 August 22nd 03 10:35 AM