I want to learn to make my own clothes (in Seattle)

Old November 17th 04, 04:02 PM
Elizabeth Young

Kate Dicey wrote:
Elizabeth Young wrote:
Kippered herring! Herring smoked and packed in oil in a tin. Wonderful
on crackers. You can really tell who your friends are - they are the
ones that do not run screaming from the room when you open the tin.
They just politely hold their noses.

Also a salmon of some sort.

liz young in sunny california - hungry for fish!

Standard English/Scots usage is only a herring split and smoked. They
are spilt open, laid flat, salted, tied in pairs by the tail, and hung
up to smoke. It's a cold smoked process. I've only ever seen them sold
loose (packed in large boxes, wrapped in greaseproof paper - no oil!) or
as fillets vacuum packed for 'boil in the bag' atrocities... They need
a wee bitty of butter and a couple of minutes under a hot grill.
Anything else is murder!

Learn something new every day. "Salmon" came from whatever dictionary I
checked. The kippers I know (being an American/Canadian) are small tins
from New Brunswick (usually) that have herring fillets (I guess its a
fillet) in them packed in oil. Good right out of the tin.

This is one brand
http://products.peapod.com/22502.html

liz young
Old November 17th 04, 04:55 PM
zski

ooh - I can ask you then.

I have a can of smoked oysters in oil.

What do I do with them?

Wendy Z Chicago, IL (Moo)
Wench Wear Costumes http://pages.ripco.net/~zski
Minstrosity www.minstrosity.com
Wench #525 AIM=wendylady525
http://www.livejournal.com/users/wendyzski/
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
"It's the little ones you have to watch out for..."
"I'm not short - I'm concentrated"

Old November 17th 04, 06:05 PM
dnmgiordano

"zski" wrote in message
ooh - I can ask you then.

I have a can of smoked oysters in oil.

What do I do with them?

I eat those right out of the tin. (is that a crazy canadian thing lol?)

Michelle Giordano

Old November 17th 04, 06:40 PM
Pogonip

zski wrote:
ooh - I can ask you then.

I have a can of smoked oysters in oil.

What do I do with them?

Eat them! No, seriously. On a cracker, if you like. Or
on a toothpick. Don't eat the toothpick.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old November 17th 04, 07:18 PM
AmazeR

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:05:28 +0000, dnmgiordano wrote:

"zski" wrote in message
ooh - I can ask you then.

I have a can of smoked oysters in oil.

What do I do with them?

I eat those right out of the tin. (is that a crazy canadian thing lol?)

Michelle Giordano

Eat them either straight out of the tin or on crackers...mmmmmm My DH
will be right over! LOL

Mavis

--
http://linuxathome.ath.cx/~mavis/blog/index.php

Old November 17th 04, 08:37 PM
mt robbins

OT Fish, was I want to learn to make my own clothes (in Seattle) =

(zski)
ooh - I can ask you then.
I have a can of smoked oysters in oil.
What do I do with them?
Wendy Z =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Chicago, IL =A0 =A0 =A0 (Moo)
---
Wendy, you won't like them. Trust me.
Mail them directly to me. You don't even have to gift wrap them, thank
you very much.
I like them on crisp crackers, smeared with a little hot mustard.
Then it's. OOOO, kiss me, baby!!
Cea

Old November 17th 04, 09:13 PM

Wrap each one in bacon - sticking a tooth pick through to hold the bacon on
and then broil a few minutes, turn, broil a few more minutes, now remove
tooth pick and eat = Angels on Horseback.

John
ps. cooked them at a high class restraunt, but never ate any.

Old November 18th 04, 04:20 AM
Kate Dicey

zski wrote:
ooh - I can ask you then.