Edwina Scissorhands

Old April 22nd 04, 02:53 AM
Joy S-E

The idea of going to a color that just doesn't occur in
nature stopped me. lol

I personally believe once you have decided to dye your hair, there is no
reason to stick with the CVS colors. CVS is a large pharmacy chain in the
US for everyone else. Right now my teal green from St. Patricks day is
fading, greens never seem to last very long. I deciding between a regular
green that was out of stock just before the holiday or my usual for this
time of year: deep blue velvet, since that's the safest color to really
cover the green. Don't ask about the time I had pink with green highlight.
Everyone has their limits. And if you mix too many colors, you get brown.
If I wanted brown hair I wouldn't have to do anything.

I got a grey stripe after an accident at 16, pulled it all out and I've been
dying it ever since. Started with spray on highlights and after working my
way though the CVS aisle, I started venturing into the rest of the color
spectrum.

My own mother didn't recognize me when it got to normal looking at one
point.

I also have long straight hair. Got sick of being yelled at by the hair
dresser when I went 6-12 months between cuts, it was worse than confession.
So I just stopped. It's been about 8 years since my last cut.

And the great thing about the colors, I don't have to hide my roots if it
goes a bit between dye sessions. Let's face it I'm not fooling anyone. The
only problem are the technicolor splatters on my bathroom wall, floor,
sink....

To get this back on topic. I do find that I buy fabric to coordinate with
my current hair color even with out thinking about it. I can tell I was on
a fabric buying binge one time I had purple hair.

Joy

Old April 23rd 04, 12:17 AM
zski

Joy S-E wrote:
Hey I'll be in SF in October for my brother's wedding too. How many extra
fabric suitcases do you think we can bring?

I'm gonna have to travel lite - going a LOT of places vis public
transit, and sleeping on friends' sofas. He's getting married on the
2nd at a small winery - he knows the owner.

Congrats on the job. What exactly is a boutique law firm? I have this
mental picture of lawyers draped over coat hangers in a frou-frou shop with
satin cover chaise lounges scattered around, with over dressed women holding
up the lawyer to themselves infront of a mirror to decide which one to take.
Rather disturbing mental picture actually. Rather Far Side like.

SNORT! GOod thing I just finished my drink!

Well, just like a boutique clothing store is a small establishment that
concentrates on one particular style or designer of clothing, so a
boutique law firm is a small firm that concentrates in a particular
facet of law practice. In this case it is one attorney & 2 associates
(with 2 secretaries plus me) that specialize in trust companies and
other specialized tasks for high-wealth clients. (To make organizing a
Trust Company financially worthwhile, you really need to be worth 100
million or more. If you are, however, it's apparently THE way to go)

Luckily, most of these clients don't actually show up at the office
unannounced. At that level of income, your lawyer usually comes to YOU.
John ia leaving tomorrow for 3 days in CA. So it's dressy office
clothes, but only the attorneys have to wear suits. I spent most of the
last few days taking a .pdf file ('Application For Formation of a
State-Chartered Trust Company' in Pennsylvania) that was converted to a
MS Word file using Omni-Page, and fiddling with the format and stuff so
that it looked exactly like the original document, and so you could fill
in the form on your computer and get a nice clean copy to file. Blee.

Wendy Z Chicago, IL (Moo)
Wench Wear Costumes http://pages.ripco.net/~zski
Minstrosity www.minstrosity.com
Wench #525 AIM=wendylady525
http://www.livejournal.com/users/wendyzski/
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
"It's the little ones you have to watch out for..."
"I'm not short - I'm concentrated"

Old April 23rd 04, 04:22 PM
SewStorm

So it's dressy office
clothes, but only the attorneys have to wear suits.

Wendy, you can take your cues from Leah Rimini's character on "The King of
Queens"; she also works in a fancy law firm, I believe. (I've actually only
seen this show twice, but she was talking about having to buy designer duds, so
it stuck in my mind!)

Thanks for explaining about the boutique law firm, too!

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati