Edwina Scissorhands

Old April 20th 04, 12:59 PM
mamahays

"SewStorm" wrote in message
Now it's starting to be scattered all over. Sorta looks
like that sparkly spray glitter. (Hey. It's my story I'll tell it how I
like.)

Sharon, me dear, me darling, just say it the way I do--it's silver

highlights!!

LOL!!! We think alike on so many things it's almost scary...

I keep sitting on the fence about coloring over my silver highlights,

which are
getting decidely more pronounced lately (thank you, family), but it seems

more
trouble than it's worth.

I know what you mean. (on all counts!! lol) I started having mine colored
around the time I turned 29. The silver flecks had been building up for a
while. (Keep in mind I was 27 when I had my son. Toddlerhood with him was
enough to bring out gray hairs on more than just Mom!!! He was a climber.
That's usually enough for any mother to imagine what he was like. lol) At
that point, the gray was really bothering me. I kept getting it colored
till I was about 33. Then it just got to the point that the color didn't
cover the gray any more. So, being a fairly practical person, I thought
about it and decided it was a waste of money that could be spent other ways
(like more fabric!!! lol) I would have had to go to that burgundy/black
color to cover the gray. Always before I just had my hair colored to match
my natural color. The idea of going to a color that just doesn't occur in
nature stopped me. lol

But then, as my sister-in-law always says, "the key to looking young is

picking
a hair color early on, then sticking to it!!"

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

And my SIL says that the key to looking young is reducing the stress in your
life, even if that means you have to beat the people that are stressing you
with a stick until they go away. LOL I'm sure there is some wisdom
between the two of them.....

Sharon

--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old April 20th 04, 01:06 PM
mamahays

wrote in message

Edwina Scissorhands

(mamahays)
Ok. I had to snip the whole thing out here....otherwise I would laugh
more
and hurt myself again. LOL!!!!!
Cea, darlin' ya gotta warn me on these. LOL I've been out ho'ing all
weekend and I'm so sore a deep breath hurts.
snip rest of adventures
---
Tsk! TSKl! Does you H know that you are ho'ing in your spare time?
Should we tell him? No wonder your back hurts!
Cea snorting up her own sleeves!!

LOL!!! Yeah, he knows. He thanks me for helping pay the grocery bill.
snort!!!

Got the whole garden planted yesterday!! My thyme plant has doubled in size
just since it warmed up enough for it to start growing again. So I have
plenty of thyme on my hands...... (hey, it was there, it had to be said
lol) Don't need a scarecrow Charlie Dog has been doing a wonderful job
chasing birds out of the garden. In about 6 weeks, I should have yellow
squash and zucchini coming on. Not sure how long the beans will take,
put out a different strain this year. Cut back to two cherry tomato plants
as 3 nearly buried us last year. lol

Best thing was I got it all done just in time for the rain to start. It's
supposed to be a pretty nice rain for most of the week. (maybe some storms,
but so far so good.) Now I just have to wait and see what the garden does.

Sharon

--
---

Old April 20th 04, 01:29 PM
Mike Behrent

My wife has classified any location information G

--
it's easier to run away with your kilt up than with your pants down.
Mike in Wisconsin
"AmazeR" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:57:03 +0000, Mike Behrent wrote:

Sharon, the grey hairs and the wrinkles that come over time are battle
honors. They show you've lived and survived. IMO, they make a woman look
more beutiful and indicate an aquired competence and self assurance. Be
proud of every grey hair and every line.

How old are you and where do you live? Are you attached? LOL

Mavis

Old April 20th 04, 04:26 PM
SewStorm

Karen, I have found, as a semi-grey, that hanging out with women who
are completely grey, --better yet, totally white-haired--- accomplishes
the same thing as dyeing does, but much cheaper. I look younger in
comparison...

Ah, a woman after my own heart (we knew that, though!). I've decided that the
best way to look "younger" is to lie about one's age--not to lie about being
younger, but to lie about being older! Imagine, saying you're 10 years older
than you really are; everyone would just ooze all over you with compliments
about how "young" you look! LOL

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old April 20th 04, 11:50 PM
AmazeR

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:29:49 +0000, Mike Behrent wrote:

My wife has classified any location information G

As she should... Clever woman g

Mavis

Old April 21st 04, 12:09 AM
Kate Dicey

zski wrote:

hee - I did my last trim myself (was unamployed and broke), and today my
new manager asked me where I got it done!

You got a JOB??? Yippeeeeeeeee! Tell us about it!

And did you finish those sewing jobs?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 21st 04, 12:10 AM
zski

Sally Holmes wrote:

Hey, Wendy, you got a new job? Congratulations!

Yep. I started yesterday at a small boutique law firm in the Loop.
Dressier and stressier than the last one, but more money, good insurance
that starts after only 30 days, pre-tax public transit deductions, 2 wks
vacation/yr (one of them earned just in time for my brother's wedding in
San FranCircus in October) - in general not too shabby.

Obligatory sewing content - for the interview that got me the job, I was
wearing a dress I made myself!
Wendy Z Chicago, IL (Moo)
Wench Wear Costumes http://pages.ripco.net/~zski
Minstrosity www.minstrosity.com
Wench #525 AIM=wendylady525
http://www.livejournal.com/users/wendyzski/
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
"It's the little ones you have to watch out for..."
"I'm not short - I'm concentrated"

Old April 21st 04, 02:21 AM
Mike Behrent

Congrats Wendy, sounds like a great job. I'm still kicking around the idea
of getting a job at a fabric store. I can use the discount. Now, if they'll
let me wear my kilts......G

Old April 21st 04, 04:01 AM
zski

Kate Dicey wrote:

You got a JOB??? Yippeeeeeeeee! Tell us about it!

Yep - receptionist/office/assistant/general dogsbody at a small boutique
law firm in the heart of downtown Chicago. Dressier and Stressier!
Busily learning new ways of doing new things, but it's good so far.

And did you finish those sewing jobs?

Yes, and actually wore one of the new "normal-girl" dresses to the
interview that got me the job!

AND the Firm Administrator, upon learning that I sew, said today "Oh, I
used to sew and crochet, but I never have time any more. So, if I
brought in a bunch of my old craft stuff, you could use it? You could
have it for free..."

::quiet anticipatory happy-dance::

Old April 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
Joy S-E

Yep. I started yesterday at a small boutique law firm in the Loop.
Dressier and stressier than the last one, but more money, good insurance
that starts after only 30 days, pre-tax public transit deductions, 2 wks
vacation/yr (one of them earned just in time for my brother's wedding in
San FranCircus in October)

Hey I'll be in SF in October for my brother's wedding too. How many extra
fabric suitcases do you think we can bring?

Congrats on the job. What exactly is a boutique law firm? I have this
mental picture of lawyers draped over coat hangers in a frou-frou shop with
satin cover chaise lounges scattered around, with over dressed women holding
up the lawyer to themselves infront of a mirror to decide which one to take.
Rather disturbing mental picture actually. Rather Far Side like.

Joy