Dreaming of...Sewing?

Old April 15th 04, 12:40 PM
Kate Dicey

AmazeR wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:45:50 +0100, Kate Dicey wrote:

Congratulations on recognising the trend and kicking it into touch
before a bigger waistband was needed! I'm attempting to slough off 20
years of neglect, I'm afraid! I need the discipline of the Weight
Watcher's meetings. I won't have lost this week: no daily walks this as
James is home for the Easter break, and with Easter weekend, I also
munched up most of a Lintz golden bunny... 200g of delish Swiss milk
chocolate! I did NOT eat it all myself, just most of it!

Somehow, chocolate, sweets and cakes don't tempt me that much.. But give
me a huge plate of salad and I'll be right there munching it down..

Strange but true..

Mavis
(who has the other problem.. keeping weight on!)

I have always loved salads, wholemeal bread, all the good for you
foods... But I got addicted to chocolate and sitting on me bum! When I
was 20 I had a 20" waist. At 47 it is much bigger, but shrinking! Down
5 inches, so still plenty to go. I'm not aiming to be THAT thin again -
I was about 110 lbws, and that's not too healthy at 5'4". If I get into
the 140's i'll be happy. into the 130's and I'll be ecstatic - AND need
yet MORE new clothes!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 15th 04, 10:22 PM
AmazeR

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:40:45 +0100, Kate Dicey wrote:

I have always loved salads, wholemeal bread, all the good for you
foods... But I got addicted to chocolate and sitting on me bum! When I
was 20 I had a 20" waist. At 47 it is much bigger, but shrinking! Down
5 inches, so still plenty to go. I'm not aiming to be THAT thin again -
I was about 110 lbws, and that's not too healthy at 5'4". If I get into
the 140's i'll be happy. into the 130's and I'll be ecstatic - AND need
yet MORE new clothes!

Well, all the best Kate... I've seen how tough it can be...

I never could work out lbs.. we use metric here.. off to do the
conversions

Mavis

Old April 16th 04, 01:13 AM
mamahays

wrote in message

sIGH. i'M oK, AM hAnDling It WEll...
Daggone it, losing weight is a good thing, I can't argue that, it was
the way she broached the issue: "None of those clothes you altered for
me fit!". There was a pregnant pause, then I reminded her that indeed
they had, because I had her try everything on after I had altered them,
and the fit was excellent.
--------------

Good job! My mom is Queen of the Button Pusher/Passive Aggressive People.
I know this routine well. (I love her to pieces. But we get along a lot
better, and I feel a lot better, now that I refuse to let her push my
buttons--and she knows it. g)

Thanks, Doc. G I'm staying too busy for that; am finishing up a pile
of alterations for grateful, paying clients. Then I'm going to think
about making some linen clothes for myself--
----------

Good for you on both fronts!! fabric.com had some new linens in a while
back......she says innocently, while whistling a happy tune Get that
traveling wardrobe ready, then c'mon!

---
WOW! I bow before you with awe! Sharing your toys! Brace yourself, I
may take you up on this!

---
You don't skeer me. (that's slightly Southern for scare BTW... lol) The
good thing about big feet...don't have to brace myself, I'm hard to knock
over any time! LOL!!!
---
Chin up!! Go sew something fun for the GBebes. That will make you
feel
better.
---
Deedy-Do, it will! I was too slammed to make Easter dresses for
them, and I feel as if I've missed out on a good thing. Little girls in
Eater finery is one of the sweetest things imaginable.
Hugs to you, you dear girl.
Cea

-----

Oh I agree. Little bitties in their bonnets and pretty shoes and fluffy
skirts. Too sweet!!! I miss those days. My girl is getting far too big.
She really looked cute today though. And so grown up it made me want to
cry. She had Science Fair at school and had to dress up. Made her a knee
length A-line dress with a peasant top bodice, empire waist. Did it in a
dark pink cotton with tiny "hippy" type flowers in all different colors.
She looked like Spring itself. I'll try to get pictures soon!

Hugs right back to you, my friend!!

Sharon

--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old April 16th 04, 04:16 PM

Dreaming of...Sewing?

(mamahays)
---
wrote
snips
...grateful, paying clients. Then I'm going to think about making some
linen clothes for myself--
----------
Good for you on both fronts!! fabric.com had some new linens in a
while back......she says innocently, while whistling a happy tune Get
that traveling wardrobe ready, then c'mon!
---
You're a Bad Girl, trying to tempt me with that apple! I'll have you
know, I bought two whole bolts of 100% linen, $3.00 a yard (!!) from
TSWLTH. Pale yellow, and a matched embroidered yellow, plus mo 2 &1/2
yds each: sedate small-check navy, and similar ecru colored, those two
lengths for slacks. Have to turn my nice black linen pair inside-out and
trace a pattern.
---
=A0=A0=A0=A0WOW! I bow before you with awe! Sharing your toys! Brace
yourself, I may take you up on this!
---
You don't skeer me. (that's slightly Southern for scare BTW... lol)
---
In this paht of the South, that's pronounced "ska-yah, with a soft
'ska'. 'Skeer' is the way Hollywood thinks we speak--of course, they
think anyone not residing in L.A. is a backwoods yokel, so welcome to my
world.
And I do too skeer you, I know you bought a new machine, and I know
where you live!! I also know what you are doing right this very moment:
playing with the new toy. (Uncanny, aren't I?)
---
snip
My girl is getting far too big. She really looked cute today
though. And so grown up it made me want to cry. She had Science Fair at
school and had to dress up. Made her a knee length A-line dress with a
peasant top bodice, empire waist. Did it in a dark pink cotton with tiny
"hippy" type flowers in all different colors. She looked like Spring
itself. I'll try to get pictures soon!
Hugs right back to you, my friend!!
Sharon
---
Pile bricks on her head, Sharon. Keeps them from growing too fast.
DDs dress sounds precious, and I'd love to see your creations, but
'Happiest' keeps me locked out. Can't figure it, but the plan is to get
a 'puter and ditch this web board, soon, so my world will be expanding.
Hugs,
Cea