New Angel

Old June 27th 04, 11:15 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/26/04 8:51 PM, in article , "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Go reread Camus and Sartre

Why would I? I hated them the first time around, why would I impose
them on myself now?

Elizabeth

I was speaking more to Victoria - gawd, I was ready to slit my wrists when I
read them.

Cheryl

Old June 27th 04, 01:58 PM
Caryn

If you have trouble understanding the way I express myself, why not
ask for clarification? Why get defensive when you express your
assumptions and I correct you?

Elizabeth
--

Perhaps it's the way you do the correcting?

I do hope you treat your students better.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 27th 04, 02:01 PM
Caryn

I disagree that existentialism is full of useful tools. I disagree that
you are giving me an opening. I have no reason to trust your motives at
this point, Victoria. You have slammed me into the wall and now you're
using my .sig to try to dig me deeper. You'll excuse me if I fail to
see an opportunity for illumination in your behavior towards me these
past few days.

I'm sorry. I'm tired of this and I'm tired of you. You don't get to be
nasty and the pretend that it's only for my own good and you're really
just trying to expand me. At the moment, living well means killfiling you.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

But, didn't you tell me you didn't have the ability to killfile anybody?

You repeated that a couple times in fact, so are you lying now or were you
lying then?

Just curious,
Old June 27th 04, 02:12 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

escapee wrote:
My slant is that it would benefit everyone to be in control of their
own direction. Set up their own conditions for winning or losing or
any myriad things in life. It's a very useful tool in a pattern of
growth. Use it or not.

But if I understand existentialism, what you are saying is the direct
opposite?? They feel man is doomed unless he believes in something.
Well, kinda. They waffle a bit.

Dianne

Old June 27th 04, 02:34 PM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
I disagree that existentialism is full of useful tools. I disagree that
you are giving me an opening. I have no reason to trust your motives at
this point, Victoria. You have slammed me into the wall and now you're
using my .sig to try to dig me deeper. You'll excuse me if I fail to
see an opportunity for illumination in your behavior towards me these
past few days.

I'm sorry. I'm tired of this and I'm tired of you. You don't get to be
nasty and the pretend that it's only for my own good and you're really
just trying to expand me. At the moment, living well means killfiling you.

But, didn't you tell me you didn't have the ability to killfile anybody?

Count on you to get picky and assume someone is lying. Netscape does
not have killfile abilities in this version. So I sort by author, mark
all thos posts as read and then resort by thread to read the group.
It's a pain in the ass and someone has to really distress me to make me
do it. But unlike you, I'll do it rather than bitch about how I can't.

But you and Victoria are both worth the effort at the moment. Aren't
you glad?

You repeated that a couple times in fact, so are you lying now or were you
lying then?

Snarky bitch. And you still haven't fixed your attributions, but I'm
passive agressive.

*plonk*

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 27th 04, 02:36 PM
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
escapee wrote:

My slant is that it would benefit everyone to be in control of their
own direction. Set up their own conditions for winning or losing or
any myriad things in life. It's a very useful tool in a pattern of
growth. Use it or not.

But if I understand existentialism, what you are saying is the direct
opposite?? They feel man is doomed unless he believes in something.
Well, kinda. They waffle a bit.

Check out the website she posted. It's not existentialism but some sort
of psycho claptrap. And the "definition" she posted is actually on the
website as "the goals of existential analysis." In other words,
Victoria is using the word "existentialism" incorrectly and then telling
all of us that we are wrong.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 27th 04, 02:51 PM

"Dr. Brat" wrote in
:

Netscape does
not have killfile abilities in this version.

And that's one reason why I dislike using multi-purpose web browsers as
newsreaders. :-) If you feel like changing (I realize there are a multitude
of reasons why one wouldn't), I highly recommend Xnews. It's free,
powerful, and has great killfiles...

Old June 27th 04, 04:43 PM
Caryn

Snarky bitch. And you still haven't fixed your attributions, but I'm
passive agressive.

*plonk*

Elizabeth

tsk tsk, the language!

If I include the person who signed the email, which I have done here, it's
attributed.

Stop telling other people how to post!!
snark snark snark