New Angel

Old June 23rd 04, 11:37 PM
Dawne Peterson

"Fred" wrote
(some stuff)
Let the bells ring out, let the banners fly----Fred is posting. Welcome
back..

Dawne

Old June 24th 04, 12:27 AM
JVTOPAZ

ardon me, but at age 25 I had been married 4 yrs. and had a
child, and no I don't think I was 'stupid'. If anyone was 'stupid' it
was the President, he made a very unwise decision.

take care, Linda

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:07:43 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

See my other post.
25 is a mere child in my mind - think back to how "stupid" you were at that
age.

That behavior would get any employee fired at any decent place of work.
She's a slut if your statement is correct (and don't have any reason to
disbelieve you), but he was still wrong to
A drop his pants
B to lie and lie again under oath

Cheryl

When I graduated from high school, very few girls went to collage. Some got
married immediately at age 17-18 and are still married. At that time (1960)
divorces were whispered about and you did not get married with the attitude
that, if I don't like it, I can get a divorce.

My grandmother was married at 16, which was not unusual for that time (late
1800s).

It seems that within in the last 20-30 years, young people are still being
treated as babies in their late teens and early twenties, rather than the
young adults. My feeling is that you get what you expect and too many parents
today don't expect much of their children and, therefore, don't get much.
There is an air of entitlement from a lot of spoiled young people who are in
for a rude awakening when they enter the 'real world' and no longer have
everything handed to them on a silver platter.
Old June 24th 04, 02:21 AM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

JVTOPAZ wrote:

It seems that within in the last 20-30 years, young people are still being
treated as babies in their late teens and early twenties, rather than the
young adults. My feeling is that you get what you expect and too many parents
today don't expect much of their children and, therefore, don't get much.
There is an air of entitlement from a lot of spoiled young people who are in
for a rude awakening when they enter the 'real world' and no longer have
everything handed to them on a silver platter.

When DS decided not to go to college, we asked him to pay rent to live
at home. He was over 18 and working full time (at a retail job with
hourly pay). Although he didn't make a lot, we felt that the experience
of paying rent was important to his developement and we kept it at an
appropriate level...enough for him to feel the pinch, but not so much
(not anywhere near market rates) that he would have to forego any social
life whatsoever. He'd say, "None of my friends have to pay rent at
home," and I'd reply "They're full time students. They're not working
full time. You're self-supporting now." And within about 1-1/2 years he
decided he *could* pay for an apartment and moved out, and after 1 year
of flushing away big rent bucks, he decided to buy a house and build
equity. To this day (he's 25) he won't buy on credit and drives an old
clunker hand-me-down car from his grandfather while he saves to pay cash
for a new car, which he thinks he can buy within a couple of months. And
brown-bags his lunch while shaking his head at the wastefulness of his
fellow employees.

I say, more power to him!

I also regularly see another 24-year-old who just graduated college and
works for us a few hours a week for rent money while she interviews for
"real" jobs. She was SO proud last month when she could cover her
monthly expenses without going to her parents for a cash infusion to
help her get by. Today we went to a movie and she borrowed a calculator
and said, "I have $14 available in my budget to spend today, so I can go
to a move AND buy popocorn!" She budgets down to her morning bagel, and
makes a point to put a percentage of her income into savings. I admire
her self-discipline and her pride.

And I think there are just as many young adults like this as the big
spenders who give the whole generation a bad name. You can't generalize.

Sue

Old June 24th 04, 02:43 AM
JVTOPAZ

JVTOPAZ wrote:

[...]

No you should not generalize and if I came across that was I'm sorry. What I
said does not apply to all young people or all parents. I mostly wanted to
point the seemly change of attitude, in some adults, in regard to younger
people, in that they are often considered to be babies too far beyond the baby
years.
Old June 24th 04, 03:37 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Dianne Lewandowski
writes:

Sorry, but when I went through my husband's unemployment last year, and
I was too ill to work . . . there was almost no help of any use to us.

I'll second that. Everything I asked into was dependent on either my being
destitute (sell the house and run through all that money first) or having
already been approved for Disability benefits (which the doctors managed to
screw me up on with their game-playing about whose responsibility it is to sign
the form).

--
Finished 5/21/04 - Fireman's Wife
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old June 24th 04, 04:04 AM
Dr. Brat

Lynne M. wrote:

Clinton
should have been fired for his own lack of judgment, but we have
no mechanism for firing a president no matter how bad his behavior is.

Oh, but we do. That's what impeachment is for.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 24th 04, 04:09 AM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
What a load of bull. The man lied, pure and simple. He lied under oath
and he lied on camera.

Yes he did, it's all out there in the open now, his presidency is over, the
impeachment is in the past, his marriage somehow survived.

But, here is the important part to me.....

Nobody died because of his lie. I liked him as president and was disappointed
to see all this come down.

But nobody died.

Dubya cannot say the same thing.

Why does this always end up being about Bush? Why can't we just discuss
Clinton without bringing Bush into it? I swear it's like fighting with
my husband. "I really hate it when you do X" "Yes but, you do Y and
that's worse." Drives me nuts.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 24th 04, 04:12 AM
Dr. Brat

escapee wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:29:43 GMT, "Dr. Brat" opined:

What a load of bull. The man lied, pure and simple. He lied under oath
and he lied on camera.

Elizabeth

He lied about getting a blow job, not about the National Defense or anything
which would cause anything bad to happen to our nation. He didn't go to war for
false reasons, and lie about it.

Doesn't matter what he lied about. He lied. And if he'd lie under oath
about that, you have no guarantee that he wouldn't lie about anything else.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 24th 04, 04:14 AM
Dr. Brat

Fred wrote:
What are the other elected representatives doing?? Surely the other elected
representatives have the power to confront the "powers that be" within
Congress or the Senate and demonstrate (provide proof) that LIES have been
told, people were mislead and that the liars and misleaders should resign or
be impeached, a.k.a. tossed out.

Actually, impeached is not also known as tossed out. Clinton was
impeached and kept his office.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 24th 04, 04:55 AM
Cozit/Liz

You *do* know that she doesn't do the marketing anymore, right? Chances
are that that was entirely a decision made by the company that took her
on... especially as you mention the kits, which she didn't do in very
large number before.

-Liz

escapee wrote:

She also said no more selling at chain stores. Not only does Hobby Lobby have
most every chart made by her, they sell her kits, also. Lie number one. That's
enough for me to discontinue trusting anything she says. I could forgive that
if she came back with "I lied...bla, bla, bla..."