Firehouse Angel or Men-You've Got to Love 'Em!

Old May 20th 04, 05:22 PM
Pat Lerch

Default Firehouse Angel or Men-You've Got to Love 'Em!

As you all know, I have finished stitching on the Firehouse Angel and am
getting it ready to send on. I wanted to take some pictures of it to send
to Dianne to put on the web site, but since we don't have a digital camera,
I asked DH if he would bring the one he uses at work home. He finally
remembered on Tuesday, but we had company and I didn't get around to taking
any pictures that night. The next morning, DH wakes me up at 5:30 am, says
he needs the camera at work and do I mind if he takes the pictures for me.
No problem, I am not a morning person! I get up later, find that he's left
the disk on the dining room table, re-rolled the project and wrapped it in
it's white cloth protector (this in itself is an amazing feat, but that's
another story). I decide to look at the pictures before sending them to
Dianne, to see exactly what they are, if I want to send them all, etc. I
load them on the computer and start looking. First picture - the back of
the Angel. Hmm, I thought, that was a good idea, gives us a sense of how
well the project has been done. Second picture - the back of the Angel, but
a much smaller picture. Ok, I think that's pretty cool too. Third
picture - back of the Angel, different angle. Fourth, fifth, sixth and
seventh pictures - you guessed it - back of the Angel. By now I'm laughing
hysterically. What could he possibly been thinking! I know the back is
really neat, but come on - there are threads buried, scant thread coverage,
etc. I finally got ahold of DH at work and asked him what he thought of the
project. He replied that it was really nice looking, but not up to my
standards. He thought it looked "a little lumpy". By now I'm laughing at
him and trying to explain that he took pictures of the "back". "Why", I
said, "didn't you turn it over if you thought it didn't look right."
"Well", he said with perfect manly logic, "I took the pictures the way the
project unrolled. I didn't know I'd have to turn it over." Don't you love
it! Needless to say, he will be bringing the camera home again tonight so I
can take some pictures to send. Dianne, can you please give me the website
or email you want them sent to? Thanks.

Pat in NJ

Old May 20th 04, 05:54 PM
Rhiannon

SPEW! I love it! Will at least one of the "back" pictures get posted?

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone

Old May 20th 04, 07:12 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Too funny, Pat. Had a similar exchange with my brother, yesterday. So
many men do cut to the chase. Life is so simple for them.

Send it to me: and do put Firehouse Angel in
the subject line. Try to keep the picture under 1 meg.

Dianne

Old May 21st 04, 01:34 AM
Jenn Liace

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:22:37 -0400, "Pat Lerch"
wrote:

I finally got ahold of DH at work and asked him what he thought of the
project. He replied that it was really nice looking, but not up to my
standards. He thought it looked "a little lumpy". By now I'm laughing at
him and trying to explain that he took pictures of the "back". "Why", I
said, "didn't you turn it over if you thought it didn't look right."
"Well", he said with perfect manly logic, "I took the pictures the way the
project unrolled. I didn't know I'd have to turn it over." Don't you love
it!

snickersnort gotta love it!!!

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old May 21st 04, 12:27 PM
cath

I didn't know I'd have to turn it over."

enjoyed your story, he's a keeper
Old May 21st 04, 02:06 PM
~Connie~

That is definitely too funny!! I even commented on the story to my DBF of 14
years as to whether or not he would do the same thing. I would think that if
he can remember TW's and recognize designer styles, he would know enough not
to do that. His response: "You never know..."
--
~Connie~

Firehouse Angel Pat Lerch Needlework 15 August 12th 04 09:22 PM
Firehouse Angel Question Pat Lerch Needlework 6 May 17th 04 02:23 AM
Firehouse Angel has arrived! Pat Lerch Needlework 10 May 8th 04 03:35 PM
The Firehouse Angel Moves On Carolyn Wagner Needlework 18 May 4th 04 02:12 PM
Firehouse Angel: Who's next? Felice Friese Needlework 30 February 18th 04 02:27 AM