Pics of recent work

Old October 1st 03, 05:49 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Pics of recent work

Some of you probably wonder if I ever get any beading done. I've actually
done a few things over the last few weeks and I finally got the pics cropped
and uploaded. Let me know what you think.

I did 5 of these sets for a wedding. They are 8 MM Swarovski Dark Sapphire
and Shadow, with 6 MM Swarovski Rhinestone rondelles strung on sterling
cable necklaces. The earrings used the 8 MM Dark Sapphire, the rondelle and
a 4 mm Dark Sapphire for an accent. They were a big hit with the bride and
her attendants.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...manwedding.jpg
http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...anwedding2.jpg

Here is a closeup of the bracelet I made for Kathy N-V. It's 4mm Dark
Sapphire Swarovksi (like our birthstone!) and 6 mm Lt. Amethyst

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...name/manda.jpg

My friend Judy lost her brother last year and when going through his
belongings, she found his original baby bracelet beads and asked me to use
them in a piece for her. The blue beads and the letter beads come from the
original, the rest is new.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Jewelry/name/judy.jpg

And last, I purchased a bunch of fossilized prehistoric alligator scales a
while back, and I finally got around to doing something with one of the
scales. My first wire-wrap pendant, in fact. The necklace is mainly dark
gemstone chips, possibly onyx but I'm not really sure, with some simple
silver spacers and beads. The scale is approx 1.5" high.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...ace/gator1.jpg

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...ace/gator2.jpg

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old October 1st 03, 06:02 PM
Carol in SLC

I've actually done a few things over the last few weeks and I finally got the
pics cropped and uploaded.

WOW, Barbara - I love them all, but especially the bracelet you made for your
friend with pieces from her brother's baby bracelet. How thoughtful, and what
a wonderful thing for her to be able to wear. Your wirewrapped alligator
turned out way cool, too!

Carol in SLC
Old October 1st 03, 08:48 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Thanks Carol! I was pretty pleased with the pendant. It's actually for a
Crafty Mama swap from the Mothering.com forums. I hope my swap partner likes
it!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old October 2nd 03, 01:49 AM
Beadbimbo

Oooooooooooooooo Barbara! Those are great! I like them all! The wedding
party jewelry is very pretty, and the bracelet for you friend is so sweet.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 2nd 03, 01:59 AM
Carol in SLC

It's actually for a Crafty Mama swap from the Mothering.com forums. I hope my
swap partner likes it!

She'll LOVE it, I'm sure! And if not, send it to me!!!!

Carol in SLC
Old October 2nd 03, 05:47 AM
starlia

They are all beautiful. I have some fossils I've been holding onto for
ages. You gave me some inspiration.

Old October 2nd 03, 07:43 AM
Christina Peterson

Nice stuff, Barb. I especially like the alligator "scales". The pictures
make me what to touch it.

Tina

Old October 2nd 03, 11:55 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I like your work Barbara. It's simple and yet interesting.

--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

Old October 2nd 03, 04:48 PM
scaperchick

Oh wow, that alligator-scale necklace is gorgeous! Everything else is
yummy too. Nice work, Barbara!
Old October 2nd 03, 09:22 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Depends on gravity. The necklace is a choker length, about 16", so the beads
rest just above the collarbone. They looked lovely when worn.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
:

]http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Jewelry/necklace/goldmanwedding.jpg

LOVELY, Barbara! are the beads on the necklaces held in place? or do
they depend on gravity?

@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis