Tough cheap machine???

Old August 9th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Default Tough cheap machine???

Pogonip wrote:
BEI Design wrote:
CypSew wrote:

I know you must have enjoyed your vacation, Beverly.

It was terrific. I love being with my family, and nine
days with them on the Oregon coast is my idea of heaven.

am looking forward to taking a historical trip
through W VA this fall. Emily

Sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to make a visit to
Reno... ;-) Beverly

Ah, yes. Historical Reno. ;-)

Well, you do still have that Harrah's(sp?) museum, doncha?
http://www.automuseum.org/ That's pretty historical...

My DH always wanted to see that. We settled for the automotive
museum in LA. "Petersen's" I think. http://www.petersen.org/
;-}

Beverly

Beverly

Old August 9th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:34:47 -0700, Taunto wrote:

Hopefully I'll do better than the pair of pants I tried to sew once.
Got all the way done except for the waistband, realized I cut something
out upside down on the band, and then just lost all momentum. Still in
a bag around here somewhere.

I've never seen a waistband in which it was *possible* to cut
something upside down.

But then I tend to ignore waistband instructions and just tear off a
straight strip the way my older sister taught me in 1950.

I've got several different ways of attaching the straight strip
nowadays, though. I may have used non-woven interfacing once, but I
greatly prefer self-fabric interfacings whenever possible --
self-fabric never puckers when washed, and can be ironed flat when it
gets creased.

Joy Beeson
--
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- needlework

Old August 9th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

wrote:

Hopefully I'll do better than the pair of pants I tried to sew
once.
Got all the way done except for the waistband, realized I cut
something
out upside down on the band, and then just lost all momentum.
Still in
a bag around here somewhere.

I've never seen a waistband in which it was *possible* to cut
something upside down.

It would certainly be possible with a *contoured* waistband,
especially if there was a nap or one-way design to the fabric.
But I think OP is a man, so that was probably not the problem,
unless he was sewing for a female friend/relative....

Beverly

Old August 10th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
CypSew

Default OT: Tough cheap machine???

I can't count the times DS and I went to Peterson's Museum in LA, in the
some 18 months after I retired and moved to Torrance, to live with him.
Then, what happened? He was transferred to Houston.
Emily

Old August 10th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

"CypSew" wrote in message
I can't count the times DS and I went to Peterson's Museum in
LA, in the some 18 months after I retired and moved to Torrance,
to live with him. Then, what happened? He was transferred to
Houston.
Emily

Another fun automobile museum is the one we went to in San Diego:
http://www.sdautomuseum.org/ In Balboa Park, near the Aerospace
Museum, which was also *very* interesting.
http://www.aerospacemuseum.org/collections/

'Course, we have the "Spruce Goose" right here in OR.
http://www.sprucegoose.org/ ;-)

NAYY,

Beverly

Old August 10th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Taria

We did the Aerospace museum in SD a lot. Car museum a couple of times
but they opened after we moved away.
That spruce goose was So Cal's a long time before it went to OR.
My dad lived in Long Beach and actually saw the flight it made.
Must have been awesome.
Taria

Old August 10th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

"Taria" wrote in message
We did the Aerospace museum in SD a lot. Car museum a couple
of times
but they opened after we moved away.
That spruce goose was So Cal's a long time before it went to
OR.
My dad lived in Long Beach and actually saw the flight it made.
Must have been awesome.
Taria

I toured the Spruce Goose in Long Beach Harbor(?), along with the
Queen Mary, in about 1986, .

It was quite amazing when the little town of McMinnville was able
to swing the deal to have the Flying Boat moved here, and
impressive to see its parts being towed up the highway. My DH
and I took our grandson to the Evergreen Aviation Museum in 2000.
Quite a nice display then, and probably better now, but I haven't
been back.

Beverly

Old August 11th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
duh

Joy Beeson wrote:
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:34:47 -0700, Taunto wrote:

Hopefully I'll do better than the pair of pants I tried to sew once.
Got all the way done except for the waistband, realized I cut something
out upside down on the band, and then just lost all momentum. Still in
a bag around here somewhere.

I've never seen a waistband in which it was *possible* to cut
something upside down.

I think I had marked it upside down, where it would be buttoning from
the opposite side rather than the side it normally would.

--
-------------------------
"Work like no one is watching,

\
=8{B
\
Old August 15th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sharon & Jack

DD was born in Reno - Washoe Medical Center. Hubby was stationed at Sierra
Army Depot. Learned a lot about losing there ;)

Sharon

"BEI Design" wrote in message
. ..
CypSew wrote:
I know you must have enjoyed your vacation, Beverly.

It was terrific. I love being with my family, and nine days with them on
the Oregon coast is my idea of heaven.

am looking forward to taking a historical trip through W
VA this fall. Emily

Sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to make a visit to Reno... ;-)

Beverly

sewing machinery sewing machinery Beads 0 March 27th 06 03:26 PM
sewing machinery sewing machinery Needlework 0 March 22nd 06 08:01 AM
sewing machinery sewing machinery Yarn 0 March 21st 06 01:55 PM
sewing machinery sewing machinery Sewing 0 March 20th 06 10:17 AM
HOW RUBBER STAMPS ARE MADE & how i made $$$ - I AM SELLING MY MACHINE AND METAL SHEETS Nintendo DS 4 Sale Rubberstamps 3 November 28th 04 12:28 PM