Fashion Fabrics for Bra-Making?

Old May 5th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Fashion Fabrics for Bra-Making?

On 4 May 2006 20:21:17 -0700, wurstergirl wrote:
Well, it sure does smell like white glue. But if I were to water down
the Elmer's, brush it on and let it dry, will it rinse out again?

Elmer's *school* glue will; regular Elmer's will not. I use the school
glue a lot for "basting" underlining into washable items, and it's always
come out in the first wash.

Kay

Old May 6th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

In article ,
Kay Lancaster wrote:

On 4 May 2006 20:21:17 -0700, wurstergirl wrote:
Well, it sure does smell like white glue. But if I were to water down
the Elmer's, brush it on and let it dry, will it rinse out again?

Elmer's *school* glue will; regular Elmer's will not. I use the school
glue a lot for "basting" underlining into washable items, and it's always
come out in the first wash.

I would think Sobo might be a reasonable choice since it's made
specifically for that kind of thing.

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake,
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI, Shakespeare)
Old May 6th 06, 09:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Kay Lancaster wrote:
On 4 May 2006 20:21:17 -0700, wurstergirl wrote:
Well, it sure does smell like white glue. But if I were to water down
the Elmer's, brush it on and let it dry, will it rinse out again?

Elmer's *school* glue will; regular Elmer's will not. I use the school
glue a lot for "basting" underlining into washable items, and it's always
come out in the first wash.

Apparently, it's also good as a safe alternative to hot wax if you
want to play at batik dyeing.

You can't immerse it in a dyebath because it would soak off, but you
can brush dye over it.

Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
Old May 6th 06, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Sally Holmes wrote:
Kay Lancaster wrote:

On 4 May 2006 20:21:17 -0700, wurstergirl wrote:

Well, it sure does smell like white glue. But if I were to water down
the Elmer's, brush it on and let it dry, will it rinse out again?

Elmer's *school* glue will; regular Elmer's will not. I use the school
glue a lot for "basting" underlining into washable items, and it's always
come out in the first wash.

Apparently, it's also good as a safe alternative to hot wax if you want
to play at batik dyeing.

You can't immerse it in a dyebath because it would soak off, but you can
brush dye over it.

Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England

You can also dye it with food dye (the Indian powdered ones or the gel
type cake decorators use are better than the supermarket liquid ones,
especially for small color quantities) and screen print with it on
paper. Food dyes work better than powder paint, which is the
traditional colouring agent, as they mix in better and the colours are
stronger.

Kids get covered in it, and the most food dyes just wash out along with
the glue... Along with a huge pile of other stuff, I ended up with
a gallon of wash-out PVA after teaching a course...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!