Eyelash questions

Old November 5th 03, 02:42 PM
Lindy

Darlene in Toronto said:

I'm
in love with eyelash.

Me too! I have made several scarves and am currently working on a shawl type
of wrap (17" wide x 72" long) for a woman my daughter works with. She's going
to a black-tie party on Friday and wearing a white sparkly dress with the
white wrap. I can't wait to see it all put together!
~Lindy~
Old November 5th 03, 10:08 PM
Anna MCM

Anna MCM wrote:

Hi Katherine!

I run out of yarn :-(
Iīm going to Stockholm right now to buy new yarn. I HAVE to finish it
before tomorrow (little special occasion to wear it).

Good that I went to the shop today! I grabbed the two last balls of this
kind of eyelash!
I finished the scarflet some minutes ago.
Just a little add to the pattern: one can consider making a row of sc
all around if the stitches tend to "open" too much (hope itīs clear).

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 6th 03, 12:25 AM
Katherine Burgess

Hope you finished it, Anna Maria!
Katherine
]
"Anna MCM" wrote in message

Katherine Burgess wrote:
"Anna MCM" wrote

I'll be waiting to hear.
Hugs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine!

I run out of yarn :-(
Iīm going to Stockholm right now to buy new yarn. I HAVE to finish it
before tomorrow (little special occasion to wear it).
Itīs crocheted, but itīs very simple, if you can make chains, sc and dc
itīs all you need!

You need eyelash yarn, a nylon additional yarn (I used a black one) or a
yarn of your choice. I guess that a 50 gr eyelash ball is not enough,
buy two just in case.
I used a F hook (yes, I got one from the USA!).

All the stitches are in back loops only, if not stated otherwise
(working in back loops makes life easier with eyelash!).
Make a 35" long chain, begin making dc in the 4th chain from hook,
continue making dc until end, turn, chain 3 (I always make ch3 AFTER
turning, I like it more).
Continue making dc for two more rows in the same way.
Then turn, ch1, sc for about 6", then 1 sc in both loops, ch10, sc in
both loops in the 11th dc (after the sc on both loops, of course) on
previous row (you make a eyelet, spelling?), go on making sc, turn, chain

3.
Make other three rows with dc.
Wear the scarflet passing one end in the eyelet. Thatīs all.

General disclaimer:
This pattern is mine. You can do what you want with that. Make as many
scarfs as you want, sell them, become rich and drink to my health!
I only ask not to publish it in magazines without my knowledge. Posting
it to websites is more than ok, just add my name, please.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 6th 03, 08:50 AM
Anna MCM

Katherine Burgess wrote:
Hope you finished it, Anna Maria!
Katherine

Yes, I did! :-)
I had to had a row of sc all around the scarflet and around the eyelet,
since the stitches tended to "open" too much.
Even begun another one, for a friend, using the same eyelash but a
thicker accompanying yarn.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old November 7th 03, 03:57 AM
Michele

Me too! I'm going to make DD another scarf, but this time she knows NOT to
wash it and put it in the dryer! :-

Peace,
Michele in KY

"Mischief" wrote in message