Peter's techniques for setting items with prongs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 03, 12:45 AM
Patricia A. Swan

Default Peter's techniques for setting items with prongs

Hey, guys.

I've been diving through my archives trying to find a specific post
with directions on setting stones into pronged settings. I'm pretty
positive that it's a Peter Rowe post, but I'm striking out finding it.
The technique has the prongs being progressively brought up from the
sides instead of being pulled back away from the setting and then
pushed back. The post was extremely clear and easy to follow. I've
got a friend who is setting 80 cabs and is having problems getting her
prongs to seat correctly over the stone and I was going to pass over a
copy of my archive of this post and now I *can't locate it*.

Does anyone recognize this and have a copy that they can lay their
hands on easily? She's got about another two and a half weeks before
the big show these cabs are due to go up for sale at.

Pat Swan
Six Swans Designs
--
* Patricia A. Swan, moderator, rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: *