New Hampshire oops

Old July 23rd 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

Default New Hampshire oops

I think this is the URL and the album is just called Quilts!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Judy from Mass
Old July 24th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Default Sort of OT: Sewing Cabinets

I think I would get a lot less wrist fatigue if I had a cabinet into
which I could place my machine flush with the cabinet top. I was
looking at Arrow cabinets as they have an air-lift mechanism and look
to be reasonably priced. There is no one around here who carries
sewing cabinets so I'd either have to special order through my Viking
dealer (another brand and more than twice as much but admittedly the
quality is probably better -- but $$ is an issue) or order via an on
line supplier.....does anyone here have an Arrow cabinet, and if so do
you like it (or not??)?

Thanks,
Irene
Old July 24th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Oh, I really like that. Good job.
Gen

Old July 24th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Irene: Yes, I do have an Arrow Cabinet, and I do like it. I purchased it
second hand, but it was 'new' condition. The set up of this model does not
place the needle dead center to the cabinet, which is a drawback. This is
why the original owner sold it quickly. She was a bit larger than me,
needing to position her chair centered and could not use it comfortably. I
am able to fit comfortably off to the side of the knee space, in my office
chair. I find I can use this set up quite well, although the needle is still
a little off center. So, if this is an issue, you need to check this out.
The mechanism to raise and lower the SM is wonderful. I love having the SM
flush with the surface. I am sure there are different models and I suggest
you check which would work best for you. BTW: I think she bought it at a
Sears Store, but may be wrong. Good Luck!
PAT in VA/USA

Old July 24th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

"IMS" wrote in message

I think I would get a lot less wrist fatigue if I had a cabinet into
which I could place my machine flush with the cabinet top. *I was
looking at Arrow cabinets as they have an air-lift mechanism and look
to be reasonably priced. There is no one around here who carries
sewing cabinets so I'd either have to special order through my Viking
dealer (another brand and more than twice as much but admittedly the
quality is probably better -- but $$ is an issue) or order via an on
line supplier.....does anyone here have an Arrow cabinet, and if so do
you like it (or not??)?

Thanks,
Irene

This lack of room to move within the cabinet space, and this applies
to any cabinet, is why I prefer a table for a sewing surface. If
people need to hide the sewing machine in plain sight, there could be
an argument for the cabinet, but make sure you get one with enough
space, where your feet go, to allow you to position yourself to your
requirements, when using the machine, not the imagined requirements of
the "Average Sewist". Something you should think about.

John
Old July 25th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Thanks so much Pat, I appreciate your feedback.

-Irene

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:14:50 -0400, "Pat in Virginia"
wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old July 25th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Thanks, John, for the advise.

I've have been thinking of that and several other 'requirements' for
me, for several months You are absolutely right.

-Irene

Old July 25th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Check out "Tracey's Tables" for great sewing machine cabinets and such.
They will also custom make to your design and the prices seem
reasonable. I saw these at Houston a couple of years ago and they really
are nice, and you have plenty of room. G (At least on the one I was
interested in....G )

Pati, in Phx

Old February 21st 11, 11:17 PM
Awebvodp Awebvodp is offline
Banned

looking for lesbian penpals straight lesbian lesbian porn for the psp .

New Hampshire Quilt judyanna Quilting 7 July 25th 08 02:35 PM
New Hampshire Celebration of Needlework Queen City x-stitcher Needlework 5 February 27th 07 01:16 PM
Alton, Hampshire, England Elizabeth Wilson Quilting 9 May 6th 05 03:25 PM
Deerfield Fair New Hampshire Queen City x-stitcher Needlework 5 October 26th 04 06:37 PM