Firehouse Angel Update

Old May 17th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Firehouse Angel Info -- was Update

Tia Mary wrote:

If other arrangements aren't made, I will return the fibers (on the
bobbins) to you. I had thought someone else purchased the Braid &
metallics -- am I wrong in remembering that?

After doing some extensive searching of Google groups archives, this is
what I found:
Matters of material contributions:
Fabric, working copies, original design, Needlepaints
Victoria

Vic was originally going to use some hand-dyed fabric but ultimately
that was decided against because of washing issues. So then:

Felice has graciously donated the fabric. Blue Spruce.

Then:

Okay, will do. The only fibers I am contributing are the

Needlepaints.
Everyone else will have to donate the fiber for whatever part they stitch.

Which didn't happen because:

I'd be happy to contribute the rest of the fibers so there's no problem
with different dyelots.

Meredith

As far as I could tell, that was the end of the discussion on who was
supplying what materials. If anyone wants to research it further,
please feel free.

Now, everyone take a biiiiiiiig breath, blow it out slowly, and
*smile*!

Joan

Old May 17th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Tia Mary wrote:
What about the chart,

Since the chart has been marked up and signed (some with addtional
comments) by those of us who worked on her, I *truly* believe that the
chart should stay with the angel.

Joan

Old May 18th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan E. wrote:
........ Then:

Okay, will do. The only fibers I am contributing are the

Needlepaints.

Everyone else will have to donate the fiber for whatever part they stitch.

Which didn't happen because:

I'd be happy to contribute the rest of the fibers so there's no problem
with different dyelots.
Meredith

As far as I could tell, that was the end of the discussion on who was
supplying what materials. If anyone wants to research it further,
please feel free. ......
Joan

Well, sounds like Carolyn will be getting the DMC and everything
else but the Needlepaints -- assuming she still wants them. Since
Meredith sent the DMC to Vic and Vic wound it on the bobbins, I will be
sure to send all those nasty little bobbins back to her. I have never
liked bobbins :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old May 18th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:54:41 -0400, Tia Mary
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
You didn't wind the bobbins, I did. Maybe you forgot. I would like
the remaining DMC and Needlepaints. All of my DMC was winded on
bobbins which I bought and wound myself. Also, the rings which held
the bobbins. You are so petty it's beyond belief. If you don't want
to send it to me, stuff it.

Yep -- I SAID I could be petty -- and vindictive too -- so that's no
surprise :-)! I shan't argue with you. I have the rings and the little
plastic bags that the bobbins were in and I shall send them back to you
if you don't make other arrangements with Carolyn. What about the
chart, did you provide the chart? If so, I shall include that in the
package once all work has been completed on the Angel.

Yes, I did provide the chart. It was lost somewhere and replaced.
The scroll rods came back less the wing nuts, by the way, and in the
case where the chart was returned, there was no a note or way for me
to know who sent it back.
Old May 18th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 17 May 2006 15:50:33 -0700, "Joan E."
wrote:

Tia Mary wrote:

[...]

I provided everything but the beads, metallics, and fabric.
Old May 18th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 17 May 2006 15:56:10 -0700, "Joan E."
wrote:

Tia Mary wrote:
What about the chart,

Since the chart has been marked up and signed (some with addtional
comments) by those of us who worked on her, I *truly* believe that the
chart should stay with the angel.

Joan

Yeah, that's another thing. At my expense I mailed a copy of the
chart to everyone who stitched with permission from the designer. I
also paid to have the chart laminated.
Old May 18th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan E. wrote:
Tia Mary wrote:

[...]

Good research, Joan!! I wish that 4-5 years ago I owned a crystal ball.
Then I would have known that all necessary emails would be saved for
final resolution!! LOL

Keep smiling

Gill
Old May 18th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

Tia Mary wrote:

[...]

I know you are sick, but for Heaven's sake stop being so anal!! Vic, you
are so "on again" and "off again" on this project, that your comments
are like a leaf blowing in the wind.

Several times you swore you would leave this group for
ever............but you didn't!!

Take care of yourself, and commune with nature in your garden. That is
probably excellent calming therapy!!

Old May 18th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan E. wrote:
Since the chart has been marked up and signed (some with addtional
comments) by those of us who worked on her, I *truly* believe that the
chart should stay with the angel.

Joan

The original chart that was sent along with the Angel has absolutely
NOTHING marked on it. The copies I have have no names or signatures on
them either. I'm not sure where the chart with the stuff written on it
went but it's not with the Angel -- sorry. That's why I thought it
didn't need to be included. CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old May 18th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan E. wrote:
Tia Mary wrote:

What about the chart,

Since the chart has been marked up and signed (some with addtional
comments) by those of us who worked on her, I *truly* believe that the
chart should stay with the angel.

Actually, the original chart is in pristine condition.

Elizabeth