Firehouse Angel Update

Old May 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Firehouse Angel Info -- was Update

On 17 May 2006 07:35:41 -0700, "Twinsmom"
wrote:

Would you consider allowing me to purchase everything but the
Needlepaints with the proceeds going towards the framing? The
Needlepaints could then be returned to you; they were the most
expensive of the fibers anyhow.

Carolyn

Who are you talking to?
Old May 17th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:56:07 +0430, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

There were a lot of stitchers who put endless hours into stitching this
project and they got no monetary rewards for their work. I maintained a
site (granted, it took little time or server space), that was donated to
the project. Someone took hours and spent funds to wind the threads on
bobbins and organize them in a bobbin case, free of charge.

Excuse me Dianne. I bought everything but the beads and fabric. I
wound all the bobbins, bought all the rings to hold them, the plastic
bags, and the shipping tube.

There are going to be several who will donate funds to see that she is
framed. Also, the shipping costs to get her to New York.

This was always a project of donation from our hearts for a loving
cause. If selling the fibers, etc., will help defray the costs of
framing, then I'm all for it. You have washed your hands of this
project, poisoned the aura around it causing it to almost collapse, and
threatened me before I had a chance to get all your information off the
site. At this point, anything we can do to defray costs, I'm all for
it. If it's not possible to do that, then perhaps we should *think*
about sending them back to you.

Dianne

Hasn't this all been settled yet? Victoria had the original idea and
bought the materials years ago. I remember she tried to recruit me to
be part of this project, but at the time I was busy stitching my own
design models and could not help out. Had I known how freaking long
this thing would take, I might have accepted, but I thought speed was
of the essense.

During the intervening years others have taken control of the project,
seemingly claiming it to be entirely their own, at least that's how
it's come across to me. I admit freely to not reading every single
post about this topic, because I did not choose to participate.

Victoria has said on several occasions that she is washing her hands of
the project, but I don't think that means she should be reduced to the
designation of "someone" rather than give her credit where it is due.
It seems rather childish.

I know she ticked you all off royally time and again, but that doesn't
mean she doesn't deserve to be mentioned by name for what she did
contribute. Surely, typing Victoria isn't any harder than typing
"someone."

If someone like me, who didn't participate, can remember who provided
the materials, I would think that someone who did, and maintained the
website would as well.

Caryn

Old May 17th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jere Williams wrote:
What if some sort of clear plastic envelope was attached to the back by the
framer, and then you could put whatever info you choose into that -- it
would be more protected and more likely to "stay stuck" than just a paper
envelope.

That's one of the things I mentioned earlier. I have clear plastic
"sleeves" that I could put on the back and it would be one less thing to
have to pay the framer for :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old May 17th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan E. wrote:
Didn't Vic purchase all the materials? If she did, maybe (since she
doesn't seem to be responding to this thread) we should offer them back
to her or at least ask her what she'd like done with them. .....
I'm going to put the piece wayyyyyy up high on top of something so
that the SMDGD can't get her grubby little 3 y.o. kid paws on it --

That sweet little angel couldn't *possibly* have grubby little paws!!!!

Joan

Joan -- the SMDGD is three -- of course she has grubby little paws -- LOLOL!

As for the fibers, etc. IIRC, Victoria purchased the DMC and the
Needlepaints and someone else bought the beads, braid & metallics. If
anything is returned to Vic, it will be ONLY those things she purchased.
If that means I have to unwind all of those bobbins then that's what I
will do. I can be extremely petty and vindictive when I feel the need
-- LOL! I have an offer from someone to purchase everything but the
Needlepaints if Victoria will agree to give up the DMC. If not, then
other arrangements can be made with this person. I will post separately
about this just to make sure that all concerned have the info. CiaoMeow
^;;^

Old May 17th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:
Excuse me Dianne. I bought everything but the beads and fabric. I
wound all the bobbins, bought all the rings to hold them, the plastic
bags, and the shipping tube.

If other arrangements aren't made, I will return the fibers (on the
bobbins) to you. I had thought someone else purchased the Braid &
metallics -- am I wrong in remembering that?

Old May 17th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Firehouse Angel Info: Response to Caryn

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hasn't this all been settled yet? Victoria had the original idea and
bought the materials years ago. snip
During the intervening years others have taken control of the project,
seemingly claiming it to be entirely their own, at least that's how
it's come across to me. I admit freely to not reading every single
post about this topic, because I did not choose to participate.

RESPONSE: Caryn, I was in at the beginning; I bought the fabric and did a
stitching stint. Others were kind enough to "take control" only when V
withdrew. None of us ever claimed it was our idea.

Victoria has said on several occasions that she is washing her hands of
the project, but I don't think that means she should be reduced to the
designation of "someone" rather than give her credit where it is due.
It seems rather childish.
I know she ticked you all off royally time and again, but that doesn't
mean she doesn't deserve to be mentioned by name for what she did
contribute. Surely, typing Victoria isn't any harder than typing
"someone."
If someone like me, who didn't participate, can remember who provided
the materials, I would think that someone who did, and maintained the
website would as well.

RESPONSE: Caryn, V does deserve to be mentioned by name, but she chose NOT
to be. Had you kept up with the posts you would know that she insisted
that her name be removed from Dianne's website.

Let's not have another disruptive thread. It isn't fair to V, to the rest of
us, or to the Angel.

Felice

Old May 17th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:
[...]

What to do with the remaining supplies couldn't possibly be settled
until the project was finished. Time was NEVER of the essence. It was
stressed time and again that people should work at their own speed. Vic
had wanted to get the project completed in a year but that was a *very*
optimistic time frame. Agreed, it has taken considerably longer than
any of us expected but that's life. No one EVER said that Victoria
would be ignored when it came to putting names on the piece. But then,
she DID ask to have her name removed from EVERYTHING having to do with
the project so there would be grounds for not including her name on the
finished piece. You DIDN'T remember who contributed the materials --
Vic contributed the DMC & Needlepaints (maybe the braid & metallics, I
don't remember) but someone else contributed the fabric (which probably
cost as much as all the other supplies together) and beads.
You have said you haven't read all the posts regarding the Angel. I
wonder just why you feel the need to criticize those who have read the
posts and been involved in the actual work. I realize I am being rather
heavy handed but, to tell the truth, the opinions of those who were
actively involved in this project are the most important. It will be
those opinions I take to heart when it comes to final resolution of
questions regarding the Angel.
I will be up front and tell everyone that Vic's wants and desires
are nowhere near as important as those of the other people involved in
the Angel. Yes, it was her idea and she was the one who got the ball
rolling and she deserves our gratitude for that. But remember, SHE
asked to have her name removed from the website and anything having to
do with the project and SHE chose to divorce herself from the project.
She also posted and said all she really wanted to have returned to her
was her scroll frame and I did return that at MY own expense. I bet you
never say one word from Vic about getting it back but we say LOTS of
posts about her wanting it back!! THAT is the bottom line and I won't
ague with anyone about that. CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old May 17th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

You, Victoria. I offered to purchase the leftover supplies because I
have the Angel pattern and the Needlepaints in my stash to do, and this
seemed like a good opportunity to acquire the beads and metallics and
support a good cause all at once. I certainly didn't mean to upset you
or start an argument and thought this might be an acceptable
compromise.

Carolyn