Newbie here!

Old October 2nd 03, 07:59 AM
Lindsay Alexander

Default Newbie here!

Hi everyone,

You all seem such a nice friendly bunch of people that I thought I'd
just jump straight in and not lurk!

I've just bought myself a pair of carders and some wool tops. I'm not
a spinner or a knitter but I did make some felt for the first time
last week and am not too unhappy with it! I need more practice but I
found it to be pretty messy so I have to do it when the weather's
nice.

Anyone else here make much in the way of felt?

Congrats to Slinky and Sarah on your new wheels!

As for me, I'm 32 and currently live in Kent in the UK and hope to be
moving to Devon in the next 6 months.

Nice to meet you all!

Regards,
Lindsay
Bexleyheath, Kent, UK
Old October 2nd 03, 09:23 AM
Cher

Welcome Lindsay...another spinner and weaver here, although I don't do much
felting, only when the mood takes me..lol

Sure you'll find many on here with similar fancies.

Lucky you moving to Devon...what part?

Cheers.....Cher Melksham.
"Lindsay Alexander" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

You all seem such a nice friendly bunch of people that I thought I'd
just jump straight in and not lurk!

I've just bought myself a pair of carders and some wool tops. I'm not
a spinner or a knitter but I did make some felt for the first time
last week and am not too unhappy with it! I need more practice but I
found it to be pretty messy so I have to do it when the weather's
nice.

Anyone else here make much in the way of felt?

Congrats to Slinky and Sarah on your new wheels!

As for me, I'm 32 and currently live in Kent in the UK and hope to be
moving to Devon in the next 6 months.

Nice to meet you all!

Regards,
Lindsay
Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

---

Old October 2nd 03, 10:01 AM
Sarah Grace

Lindsay wrote:
You all seem such a nice friendly bunch of people that I thought I'd
just jump straight in and not lurk!

Welcome to this group, from grey Lancashire. I hope it brightens up as i
really need to wash some fleece- it is rather too fragrant.

I've just bought myself a pair of carders and some wool tops. I'm not
a spinner or a knitter but I did make some felt for the first time
last week and am not too unhappy with it! I need more practice but I
found it to be pretty messy so I have to do it when the weather's
nice.

I am definitely no felt expert but i did a recent workshop on it- we made a bag
using shelf liners from Ikea and some netting. I was a bit excessive with the
soap so it was a little sudsy but the finished product is great- a small bag,
scarlet inside, grey outside with a small design in silk threads and scarlet
wool.

I bought a great felted sheep at the wool fair but it looks like the dog may
have played with it...

Congrats to Slinky and Sarah on your new wheels!

Thank you! I am sooo chuffed- it is sitting next to me and i can't stop
stroking it or hugging me delicious smelling shetland fleece (not the
wensleydale as that is not delicious smelling lol)

Regards
Sarah

Old October 2nd 03, 10:59 AM
Katherine Burgess

Welcome, Lindsay. You're right - we are a friendly bunch. Hope you stick
around for a long time.
Katherine

"

Old October 2nd 03, 11:39 AM
Coggie

Welcome to the group. I am 34 and in Michigan , USA.
I don't felt much , have once or twice but with not knowing all of the
finner details at the time I was not happy with the results. I am
thinking about doing up a hat for my MIL for Christmas this year ,
found a neat pattern at the local yarn store for it, we will see.
Hope to hear more from you ,
Coggie

Old October 2nd 03, 01:01 PM
Janise Ross

Welcome, Lindsay. We are a nice friendly bunch of people, aren't we? ;-)

I haven't done any spinning, but do knit. My latest felted project was a
pair of clogs. Unfortunately, the 2 clogs did not felt at the same rate, so
1 clog is much narrower than the other. I've tried all sorts of things to
get them even, but I think I will have to just chalk this up to experience.

Hope to see you around.

Janise, in Pittsford, NY, USA

Old October 2nd 03, 04:41 PM
Aud

Welcome Lindsay!!!!
There are many newbees here those days, and that is exellent!!!
I am not a spinner myself, but is tempted to be!
I have felted a bit, but used to buy ready carded and coloured wool.
But I love to knit, crochet and
embroider, and earlier I have woven a lot too!
AUD :-)
(http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44)
deleteålefrommyemailadress

--

"Lindsay Alexander" skrev i melding

Old October 2nd 03, 04:44 PM
Aud

OH MY SPELLING!!!
Well a new bee! Industrious, dancing and working,
I think I invented a good word...?
AUD
--

"Aud" skrev i melding

Old October 2nd 03, 06:56 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Aud" wrote in message
OH MY SPELLING!!!
Well a new bee! Industrious, dancing and working,
I think I invented a good word...?
AUD

You DID, Aud, and it's purrfect! LOL!
And, I add my welcome to Lindsay.
Welcome!!!!
Hugs,
Noreen
--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old October 2nd 03, 07:57 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to the greatest group on the net. I only crochet and knit a little, but
I know others have felted before. Glad you joined us.

Nora

Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Machine Knit 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM
newbie to the newsgroup Lucille Needlework 6 October 9th 03 02:50 AM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM