OT Dress Joke

Old July 13th 04, 01:04 AM
Pat in Virginia

Default OT Dress Joke

This was posted in Alt. Sewing by someone else with name Pat.
Enjoy! Pat in Virginia

The Dress

The wedding day was fast approaching. Everything was ready, and
nothing
could dampen Jennifer's excitement, not even her parents' nasty
divorce. Her
mother, Sheila, had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be
the best
dressed mother-of-the-bride EVER!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn her father's new
young wife,
Barb, had purchased the exact same dress! She asked Barb to
exchange the
dress, but Barb refused. "Absolutely not! I'm wearing this
dress. I look
like a million bucks in it!"

Jennifer told her mother, who graciously replied, "Never mind,
Sweetheart,
I'll get another dress. After all, it's YOUR special day." Two
weeks later
Jennifer and her mother went shopping and found
another awesome dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer
asked her
mother, "What are you going to do with the first dress? Maybe you
should
return it. You really don't have any place to wear it."

Sheila grinned and replied, "Of course, I do, Dear! I'm wearing
it to the
rehearsal dinner!"

Old July 13th 04, 03:16 AM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Pat. I've just got to share this one with my sisters. They will
love it. Polly

Old July 13th 04, 04:44 AM
Jalynne

hehehe, go mom!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old July 13th 04, 04:14 PM
Dr.Quilter

and I don't get it.... (

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Old July 13th 04, 05:16 PM
Michael Curtis

The idea is that Mom would wear the dress first, thus making the step mom
look like a copy cat when step mom wore the dress to the wedding.
Diana

"Dr.Quilter" wrote in message
and I don't get it.... (

Old July 14th 04, 03:49 AM
Dr.Quilter

duh!!!! )

--
"Michael Curtis" wrote in message
The idea is that Mom would wear the dress first, thus making the step mom
look like a copy cat when step mom wore the dress to the wedding.
Diana

"Dr.Quilter" wrote in message
and I don't get it.... (

Old July 14th 04, 04:02 AM
hfw

Or worse, give her a very sleepless night while she scrambles trying to find
something else to wear...

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

"Dr.Quilter" wrote in message
duh!!!! )

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
"Michael Curtis" wrote in message
The idea is that Mom would wear the dress first, thus making the step

mom
look like a copy cat when step mom wore the dress to the wedding.
Diana

"Dr.Quilter" wrote in message
and I don't get it.... (