patterns

Old October 3rd 03, 06:38 PM
Jacqueline Butt

Default patterns

Just wondering if everyone wouldn't mind sharing with me their different
patterns for doing the 6x6 squares.

Going to start up a projuect myself with all colors and all different
patterns using scrap wool, which I have lots of , but I guess we all have
them.

Thanks so much
Jacqueline
--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html

Old October 3rd 03, 07:44 PM
Cher

Certainly first one I do, is a Noreens pattern, I can't publish that one,
it is intended as a triangle shawl, but I do it without the increases on
about 40 odd sts. so others that have the pattern will know.

Then If I'm working in a variegated yarn, I do a garter stitch diagonal one,
whereby I cast on 3sts, then keeping in garter stitch inc 1st at the beg of
every row, til it is wide enough across the diagonal, then dec 1st at beg of
every row til I'm back to 3sts work one row, cast off...dc all around the
edge.

I've done a multiple of 5sts and worked a moss/seed stitch basket work
stitch

Guess I sort of make it up as I go along. I've just done a cabled centre
one, but don't ask me how, I do it by the look of it, rather than a
pattern...LOL.

I've done a maple leaf from a grid I made up, am just doing the grid for a
lighthouse, then I'm doing an ice cream cone but I may change my mind and
do scottie dogs....lol last two are for a secret swap - Nora

But as to the actual patterns, I shall have to sit down and work them out
for you..

Cheers....Cher
"Jacqueline Butt" wrote in message
news

Just wondering if everyone wouldn't mind sharing with me their different
patterns for doing the 6x6 squares.

Going to start up a projuect myself with all colors and all different
patterns using scrap wool, which I have lots of , but I guess we all have
them.

Thanks so much
Jacqueline
--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html

---

Old October 3rd 03, 08:14 PM
Karen

I get mine from the Vogue Book of Knitting and also from the Big Book of
Knitting (Katherina Buss author). I can't remember exactly which ones I've
done so far, but for sure the basketweave, herringbone, and a honeycomb
pattern.

Old October 3rd 03, 09:11 PM
Gloxia

"Jacqueline Butt" wrote in message
news

Just wondering if everyone wouldn't mind sharing with me their different
patterns for doing the 6x6 squares.

Going to start up a projuect myself with all colors and all different
patterns using scrap wool, which I have lots of , but I guess we all have
them.

Thanks so much
Jacqueline
--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html

Lots to squares on this site ..... Enjoy ...Gloxia
http://www.knittedthreads.com/free/sqar/squares.htm

Old October 4th 03, 04:31 AM
Norma

"Cher, would you mind sharing your pattern for the maple leaf square? I
would love to have that.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old October 4th 03, 10:25 AM
Cher

Ummn.......thinking........ummn.....yep...ok thing is it is a graph, I'll
snail mail you a copy of it with the parcel you are expecting from me to be
posted on monday morning....hope this is OK??

Cheers.....Cher

.. .

Old October 4th 03, 04:09 PM
NoraBalcer

Jacqueline,

Another suggestion, get a copy of the calendar of the year of knitting
stitches, 365 different patterns. I know some of the gals here have made
squares using it. Me, I do the traditional granny square and a double crochet
stitch for my squares.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 5th 03, 02:58 AM
Norma

Wonderful Cher. Thanks. I've wanted one and tried to figure out how to do it
with the stranding, but it's beyond me for now.

--
Star love,
Norma
"Cher" wrote in message
Ummn.......thinking........ummn.....yep...ok thing is it is a graph,

I'll
snail mail you a copy of it with the parcel you are expecting from me to

be
posted on monday morning....hope this is OK??

Cheers.....Cher

.. .

Old October 5th 03, 10:05 AM
Cher

oh you'll do it. You can make anything using this method. Using a see
through baking parchment paper using a pen, draw lines on it vertically
and horizontally, all over it, try to make the lines near enough to the
tension you are knitting, so that the finished squares rep the stitches as
near as you can.....next find a suitable picture...a leaf for example.. put
the leaf under the squared paper, and draw in a pencil around the outside..
Next, look at the veins of the leaf, colour these in using a different color
pencil, now just fill in the squares inside the outline you've just drawn by
shading them in. Using the colors you've chosen. Put this drawing against
a 6x6 square of paper, to work out where to place it..

If you aren't happy with doing the veins as well, you could do your leaf,
all in one color and then when the square is finished, swiss darn the veins
in.

HTH cheers.....Cher

"Cher" wrote in message
Ummn.......thinking........ummn.....yep...ok thing is it is a graph,

I'll
snail mail you a copy of it with the parcel you are expecting from me to

be
posted on monday morning....hope this is OK??

Cheers.....Cher

.. .

Old October 5th 03, 12:52 PM
Katherine Burgess

Jacqueline,
So far I have done a moss stitch, and a 3x3 basket weave. I have also done
different rib patterns, and, at one time - in a different exchange - I did
some textured knitting. But I made it up as I went along, so that is not
much help to you.
Katherine