Shops in CT, NY, & NJ

Old September 28th 04, 01:58 AM
Marianne Teubner

Default Shops in CT, NY, & NJ

I am traveling to CT in October to visit my daughter in Norwalk. I went to
Yahoo Yellow Pages and searched on needlework.

I got 67 listings ranging from 5 miles away in New Canaan, CT to 50 miles
away in Glastonbury, CT and Newington, CT. There are listings in CT, NY, and
NJ. Since there were 67 shops listed, I can't list them all and ask which
ones you would recommend. Of course, I have a better chance of getting to
those that are closer, but I might be able to convince DH and DD to take me
to that not to be missed shop.

My question to those of you familiar with shops in those states, which
shop(s) are not to be missed.

Oh, by the way, I will be visiting her AFTER spending the weekend in
Hershey, PA at The Stitching Festival (CATS)!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marianne in WA state

Old September 28th 04, 08:08 PM

"Marianne Teubner" wrote in message ink.net...
I am traveling to CT in October to visit my daughter in Norwalk.
I got 67 listings ranging from 5 miles away in New Canaan, CT to 50 miles
away in Glastonbury, CT and Newington, CT.

My question to those of you familiar with shops in those states, which
shop(s) are not to be missed.

Oh, by the way, I will be visiting her AFTER spending the weekend in
Hershey, PA at The Stitching Festival (CATS)!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marianne in WA state

Marianne...
I've dealt with the shop -Thistle Needleworks - in Glastonbury by mail
order and e-mail only. They do have a website -
http://members.aol.com/ThisNeedle - so you can check them out first
and get driving directions. Judie and her staff are very helpful.
Hook-N-Needle in Westport closed their doors this time last year.

Other places to check out are the Stepping Stones Museum (strictly for
kids!) and the Norwalk Seaport....

HTH
Lisa
Old September 29th 04, 02:11 AM
NYC Chicka

Marianne,

I just moved back to Michigan from Danbury, CT. The two stores that I visited
out there are "A Stitch in Time" in Bethel (pretty much straight up 7 from
Norwalk) and "Needle Pulling Thread" in Branford (straight up 95 at exit 55.)

The store in Bethel has a combination of cross stitch and needlepoint, but is
predominantly a needlepoint store.

The store in Branford is owned by the sweetest woman and she's really improving
her inventory. Her website is http://needlepullingthread.net/

Have fun!!
Wendy

Subject: Shops in CT, NY, & NJ

Old September 29th 04, 01:20 PM
Majmoxie

The store in Bethel has a combination of cross stitch and needlepoint, but is
predominantly a needlepoint store.

Nope. Now it's going with yarn and knitting...*heavy sigh*
Donna @ West Point

to view my blog - http://majtravaux.blogspot.brain.com/
remove brain

Boredom is a choice, not a circumstance.
Old September 30th 04, 01:35 PM
Alison

I'll echo the good words for Needle Pulling Thread - I've seen her "shop" at
Celebrations and really pleased with the friendly service at the shows.

Cheryl

I will add another word for Needle Pulling Thread - great owner, small
shop but what I consider well chosen merchandise. Lisa is a great
framer with a wonderful eye for color (she's very good, for instance,
if you want to swap fabrics.) Also if you follow the road that NPT is
on back down to the town of Branford, there's a very interesting bead
shop there (beads, science toys, etc.) called I think the Rock Garden.

Thistle Needleworks in Glastonbury is really worth the trip though I
haven't seen their new headquarters yet (I believe they just moved.)
It remains one of the largest shops I've seen and one of the best
thread and fabric selections also. I could wander about for hours in
there.

Alison
who travels there from Brooklyn NY

any cross-stitch shops in Ft Benning, Ga?? gundoc Needlework 0 March 25th 04 07:34 AM
New Zealand Shops AZ XSer Needlework 2 January 15th 04 02:44 AM
looking 4 Minneapolis/area shops Julia in MN Quilting 3 August 22nd 03 06:18 AM
Florida Rubber Stamp Shops DJWhite Rubberstamps 1 August 14th 03 07:49 PM
New Jersey Quilt Shops Rbeezer Quilting 5 August 9th 03 12:02 AM