A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OT - Brenda how's the knee!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 11th 04, 08:29 PM
Cheryl Isaak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default OT - Brenda how's the knee!

I hope much better.

I discovered a bruise on my tushy this AM!

Cheryl

Ads
  #2  
Old March 11th 04, 08:33 PM
Caryn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I discovered a bruise on my tushy this AM!

about to get off-color....those easily offended go to next message now

*

*

*

*

*

Did you ask dh to kiss it and make it better?

wink
Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
  #3  
Old March 11th 04, 11:45 PM
Rhiannon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Knee is fine. I think I pulled the muscles in my left leg as they are
still stiff and sore. No bruises here. Getting around much better
today which is good since DD cleaned off two whole shelves of a bookcase
this morning. Grrr...

Hope you feel better, Cheryl!

Brenda

  #4  
Old March 12th 04, 12:15 AM
Caryn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

DD cleaned off two whole shelves of a bookcase
this morning. Grrr...


What a helpful child!!!

Is dd in the 15 mo-3yr old range?

It does sound exactly like something any of my three would have done! lol

Glad the knee is doing better!!

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
  #6  
Old March 12th 04, 02:24 AM
Cheryl Isaak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On 3/11/04 6:45 PM, in article ,
"Rhiannon" wrote:

Knee is fine. I think I pulled the muscles in my left leg as they are
still stiff and sore. No bruises here. Getting around much better
today which is good since DD cleaned off two whole shelves of a bookcase
this morning. Grrr...

Hope you feel better, Cheryl!

Brenda

I am most grateful that my DD loves her books and puts them away carefully
if not always neatly. DS and his hockey gear are another story!

Cheryl

  #7  
Old March 12th 04, 07:39 AM
Suzanne
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cheryl Isaak wrote in message ...
I hope much better.

I discovered a bruise on my tushy this AM!

Cheryl



This reminds me of when I bruised my tushy. I used to have a nicely
padded office chair until the wheels started falling off--or
something, can't even really remember now it's been so long. For
awhile, I was using DH's chair, but it wasn't nearly as comfy, so one
day I tried putting a bed pillow on it. The problem was the pillow
was too big for the chair. Although I thought I was aiming my bum at
the center of the chair, I slid right off the front edge. This might
not have been as bad if I'd just landed on the floor, but first my
rear met one of the hard (VERY hard) plastic wheel spokes. The BOOM I
made hitting the floor was so loud it woke up DH who came running to
see what was wrong. Sweet as he was, there wasn't a whole lot he
could do. I have a really bad weight problem due to a medical
condition and bad knees, so I try to keep everything but my feet off
the floor. The pain was so bad I had to just sit there for a while
until I felt I could move again. Then I had to thrash around on the
floor like a beached whale until I could get my feet under me.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson after that, wouldn't you? I think the
pain was clouding my thinking because I thought I'd give it one more
try. This time I moved the wheel base around so the spoke wasn't
sticking out front. Even though I sat down more gently and tried
holding onto the front edge of the seat, I still ended up on the
floor. This trip down wasn't as bad as the first, and I got up a lot
easier, didn't even wake up DH again. After that, I never again
attempted using the pillow, though I still had to use DH's char until
he bought me a new one.

I ended up with a bruise the size of a saucer about the color of an
eggplant. It took weeks for the bruise to fade out and even longer
for the pain to go away. I was walking, sitting, doing just about
everything in a funny way. Heck, it aches now just remembering it.

Keeping butt firmly on the chair,
Suze
  #8  
Old March 12th 04, 12:45 PM
Rhiannon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ah yes, 17 mo. Normally a very cute and sweet little thing. She likes
to take her books off the shelf and sit and "read" them. When she takes
our books off the shelf she chews and rips them. Perhaps it is the lack
of pictures.

Brenda

Caryn wrote:
What a helpful child!!!

Is dd in the 15 mo-3yr old range?

It does sound exactly like something any of my three would have done! lol


  #9  
Old March 12th 04, 12:54 PM
Cheryl Isaak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On 3/12/04 2:39 AM, in article
, "Suzanne"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in message
...
I hope much better.

I discovered a bruise on my tushy this AM!

Cheryl



This reminds me of when I bruised my tushy. I used to have a nicely
padded office chair until the wheels started falling off--or
something, can't even really remember now it's been so long. For
awhile, I was using DH's chair, but it wasn't nearly as comfy, so one
day I tried putting a bed pillow on it. The problem was the pillow
was too big for the chair. Although I thought I was aiming my bum at
the center of the chair, I slid right off the front edge. This might
not have been as bad if I'd just landed on the floor, but first my
rear met one of the hard (VERY hard) plastic wheel spokes. The BOOM I
made hitting the floor was so loud it woke up DH who came running to
see what was wrong. Sweet as he was, there wasn't a whole lot he
could do. I have a really bad weight problem due to a medical
condition and bad knees, so I try to keep everything but my feet off
the floor. The pain was so bad I had to just sit there for a while
until I felt I could move again. Then I had to thrash around on the
floor like a beached whale until I could get my feet under me.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson after that, wouldn't you? I think the
pain was clouding my thinking because I thought I'd give it one more
try. This time I moved the wheel base around so the spoke wasn't
sticking out front. Even though I sat down more gently and tried
holding onto the front edge of the seat, I still ended up on the
floor. This trip down wasn't as bad as the first, and I got up a lot
easier, didn't even wake up DH again. After that, I never again
attempted using the pillow, though I still had to use DH's char until
he bought me a new one.

I ended up with a bruise the size of a saucer about the color of an
eggplant. It took weeks for the bruise to fade out and even longer
for the pain to go away. I was walking, sitting, doing just about
everything in a funny way. Heck, it aches now just remembering it.

Keeping butt firmly on the chair,
Suze

Oh Suze,

Forgive me for laughing - I know it hurt but the image of you falling off a
pillow...

Ouch!
Cheryl

  #10  
Old March 12th 04, 01:11 PM
Caryn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ah yes, 17 mo. Normally a very cute and sweet little thing. She likes
to take her books off the shelf and sit and "read" them. When she takes
our books off the shelf she chews and rips them. Perhaps it is the lack
of pictures.


Probably!

I also found that children's books are made with heavier weight paper, while
our books are flimsy and easy to tear.

Have you gotten her any of the Sandra Boynton board books? My kids loved them
all, but especially "Boo, Baa, La La La", "The Going to Bed Book" and "Doggies"

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT Pat Porter How's DH doing Cheryl Isaak Needlework 49 February 2nd 04 06:57 PM
How's this for pretty? BeckiBead Beads 5 November 11th 03 07:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.