Looking for old Patons baby patterns

Old June 8th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

Default Looking for old Patons baby patterns

Hi everyone,

I'm having a real challenge trying to locate some old Patons leaflets,
and you are going to think I'm whacky wanting them. Hmmm...I'm among
friends, so maybe you won't think I'm that whacky after all

When my oldest son was born I crocheted a shawl from Patons leaflet
#129, it's #6 Crochet Block Shawl with Shell Border. I am wanting to
make a second of these shawls, so that I can give one to my younger
son when he has his first baby.

I'm also trying to locate Patons leaflet #111 because I want to knit
the Leaf and Lace Baby Set. My Mom had knit that for me to bring my
babies home from the hospital. I would like to make a second set for
my younger son too. Patons leaflet #117 also has some baby patterns
that Mom had knit, if I can locate a copy of that too, I would be
thrilled.

I had these patterns, but they've gone missing, and I'm driving myself
nuts trying to find copies via the local thrift stores. I've even
resorted to phoning some of my Mom's old girl friends trying to locate
a copy, but so far no luck

Many thanks for any suggestions you might have as to how I can find
these patterns.

thanks...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

#129, it's #6 Crochet Block Shawl with Shell Border. I am wanting to
make a second of these shawls, so that I can give one to my younger
son when he has his first baby.

I'm also trying to locate Patons leaflet #111 because I want to knit
the Leaf and Lace Baby Set. My Mom had knit that for me to bring my
babies home from the hospital. I would like to make a second set for
my younger son too. Patons leaflet #117 also has some baby patterns
that Mom had knit, if I can locate a copy of that too, I would be
thrilled.

I had these patterns, but they've gone missing, and I'm driving myself
nuts trying to find copies via the local thrift stores. I've even
resorted to phoning some of my Mom's old girl friends trying to locate
a copy, but so far no luck

Many thanks for any suggestions you might have as to how I can find
these patterns.

thanks...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Found this on google, both of them available for purchase

http://crochet4you1.tripod.com/baby_crochet.htm

Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

#129, it's #6 Crochet Block Shawl with Shell Border. I am wanting to
make a second of these shawls, so that I can give one to my younger
son when he has his first baby.

I'm also trying to locate Patons leaflet #111 because I want to knit
the Leaf and Lace Baby Set. My Mom had knit that for me to bring my
babies home from the hospital. I would like to make a second set for
my younger son too. Patons leaflet #117 also has some baby patterns
that Mom had knit, if I can locate a copy of that too, I would be
thrilled.

I had these patterns, but they've gone missing, and I'm driving myself
nuts trying to find copies via the local thrift stores. I've even
resorted to phoning some of my Mom's old girl friends trying to locate
a copy, but so far no luck

Many thanks for any suggestions you might have as to how I can find
these patterns.

thanks...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

"Patons 111. Nursery styles 3 to 12 months"
http://crochet4you1.tripod.com/patons_111.htm
Price ten dollars
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

#129, it's #6 Crochet Block Shawl with Shell Border. I am wanting to
make a second of these shawls, so that I can give one to my younger
son when he has his first baby.

I'm also trying to locate Patons leaflet #111 because I want to knit
the Leaf and Lace Baby Set. My Mom had knit that for me to bring my
babies home from the hospital. I would like to make a second set for
my younger son too. Patons leaflet #117 also has some baby patterns
that Mom had knit, if I can locate a copy of that too, I would be
thrilled.

I had these patterns, but they've gone missing, and I'm driving myself
nuts trying to find copies via the local thrift stores. I've even
resorted to phoning some of my Mom's old girl friends trying to locate
a copy, but so far no luck

Many thanks for any suggestions you might have as to how I can find
these patterns.

thanks...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

You might also try ebay.com and ebay.ca to see if anyone has them for sale.

sue
Old June 8th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

Many thanks to Shirley and Bruce for providing the links to
crochet4you. I had found that site, but it rather irks me to be
living in Canada, sending my order to a Canadian address with a
Canadian credit card, but having to pay in U.S. funds...seems a little
odd. If I can't find the patterns any other way, I guess I will have
to bite the bullet and just do it.

with thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada