Knitting in the dark!

Old July 31st 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

Default Knitting in the dark!

Too cool! We could use these in the daylight, too!

http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/produc...3d860140534ab9

http://laknitterieparisienne.com/Knit_Lite.html

and for crochet:

http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/cata...p?cPath=23_207

Old July 31st 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

For those of you crafty enough to make your own needles:

http://whipup.net/2006/07/19/make-yo...cil-sharpener/

I hadn't even thought you could make dpns on your own! Makes a lot of sense,
and would ease a lot of "issues" surrounding lost needles!

Old July 31st 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:11:02 GMT, Mystified One spun a fine yarn

For those of you crafty enough to make your own needles:

http://whipup.net/2006/07/19/make-yo...cil-sharpener/

I hadn't even thought you could make dpns on your own! Makes a lot of sense,
and would ease a lot of "issues" surrounding lost needles!

---
avast! AV: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
Tested: 7/30/2006 11:43:20 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Those light-up knitting needles would be OK, but they only come in the
bigger sizes right now.
I personally like my own glow in the dark needles, which I've got all
the way down to size US 0.
LOL
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
Tested: 7/30/2006 11:48:25 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 31st 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

I already crochet in the dark - how about a crochet hook with a built-in mp3
player or AM/FM tuner?? A talking GPS read-out so I can navigate strange
cities? An altimeter? A biorhythm or horoscope diviner? How about one which
correctly identifies the what kind of yarn I'm using - alpaca, merino,
acrylic, and what color it is?

David
who's having a lot of fun

Old July 31st 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mystified One" wrote in message
Too cool! We could use these in the daylight, too!

http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/produc...3d860140534ab9

http://laknitterieparisienne.com/Knit_Lite.html

It's a cute idea, but in reading the fine print, which says: batteries last
48 hrs, each pair of needles requires SIX batteries. A pack of 3 batteries
cost $2.49 US, so $5.00 a pair. That's approx $6.00 Canadian. No thanks.
Too expensive for me, not to mention the initial purchase price. I really
hope there's an on/off switch on those needles. ;)

Shelagh

Old July 31st 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I use kids for all that stuff. They have sharp eyes and boundless energy -
just a matter training them.

If you do not have a full set of your own, you can always rent!! Mostly we
just get real nieces and nephews. But, my wife is "Antie" to a lot of kids
of friends. Get to be friends with the right families, and there will be
"nieces and nephews" prepositioned almost anywhere you want to travel. What
is the cost? A little individual attention.

Aaron

"David R. Sky" wrote in message
.bc.ca...
I already crochet in the dark - how about a crochet hook with a built-in

mp3
player or AM/FM tuner?? A talking GPS read-out so I can navigate strange
cities? An altimeter? A biorhythm or horoscope diviner? How about one

which
correctly identifies the what kind of yarn I'm using - alpaca, merino,
acrylic, and what color it is?

David
who's having a lot of fun

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Mystified One wrote:

Too cool! We could use these in the daylight, too!

http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/produc...8&osCsid=f218a
e5ffbc5f195623d860140534ab9

Old July 31st 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

*grin* Have you trained yours to be up and working at 5:00a.m.? The urge to
crochet hits at different unpredictable times. My mother used to tease us
kids about getting a new mother at the mother shop - there should be a
sister business the Niece & Nephew Store. (And no my brother & sister don't
have kids, nor do I.)

David

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 wrote:

I use kids for all that stuff. They have sharp eyes and boundless energy -
just a matter training them.

If you do not have a full set of your own, you can always rent!! Mostly we
just get real nieces and nephews. But, my wife is "Antie" to a lot of kids
of friends. Get to be friends with the right families, and there will be
"nieces and nephews" prepositioned almost anywhere you want to travel. What
is the cost? A little individual attention.

Aaron

.bc.ca...

Old July 31st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Do not tell them there is *work* to be done. Tell them there are games to
be played, breakfast to be eaten (let them cook), and fun to be had.

Blood does not matter. Technically, I have only 3 nieces and nephews. But,
there are over 3 dozen kids that call me "Uncle." Mostly they are actually
descended from brothers of my DW's grandfather. What matters is that there
kids out there that would like someone to talk to at 5 am.

Aaron

.bc.ca...

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 wrote:

I use kids for all that stuff. They have sharp eyes and boundless

energy -
just a matter training them.

If you do not have a full set of your own, you can always rent!! Mostly

we
just get real nieces and nephews. But, my wife is "Antie" to a lot of

kids
of friends. Get to be friends with the right families, and there will

be
"nieces and nephews" prepositioned almost anywhere you want to travel.

What
is the cost? A little individual attention.

Aaron

.bc.ca...

Old August 1st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article . ca,
David R. Sky wrote:
I already crochet in the dark - how about a crochet hook with a built-in mp3
player or AM/FM tuner?? A talking GPS read-out so I can navigate strange
cities? An altimeter? A biorhythm or horoscope diviner? How about one which
correctly identifies the what kind of yarn I'm using - alpaca, merino,
acrylic, and what color it is?

I want needles that tell me what the gauge is with the yarn I'm using.

=Tamar

Marching towards fine knitting Yarn 3 July 11th 06 04:34 AM
YOur help needed please Norma Yarn 13 March 10th 06 10:19 PM
Up the old style knitting learning curve. Yarn 0 January 13th 06 08:41 PM
great knitting magazines Els van Dam Yarn 5 April 26th 05 01:00 AM
New UK Knitting Magazine - "Simply Knitting" Penny Gaines Yarn 5 April 6th 05 05:42 PM