Spinning

Old November 4th 05, 11:45 AM
Droid

Default Spinning

Can anyone tell me if there is a UK based group for spinners? I have found
many that are US based and are really terrific but I would like to find a
local one as well. Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Andee

Old November 4th 05, 11:52 AM
Ophelia

"Droid" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is a UK based group for spinners? I have
found many that are US based and are really terrific but I would like
to find a local one as well. Anyone any ideas?

Cher in this group will contact you I am sure

Old November 4th 05, 12:01 PM
Droid

Many thanks. I had heard that Cher had formed a group but didn't know
where to look. Are there many spinners in the RCTY?

Andee

"Ophelia" wrote in message
k...

Old November 4th 05, 12:27 PM
Ophelia

"Droid" wrote in message
Many thanks. I had heard that Cher had formed a group but didn't
know where to look. Are there many spinners in the RCTY?

Not sure how many but there are a few of us

BTW Welcome))) We are a friendly lot in here and everyone is very
helpful) In fact I would say this is the nicest group on the net

Old November 4th 05, 12:52 PM
Droid

I have lurked here for a few years. I tend to come and go!!! Then there
are so many posts I can't keep up. You are definitely a friendly and caring
group.
I am a knitter first and started as a kid about 3 or 4 as I couldn't walk
too well and knit my first cardi for starting school. I then (joy oh joy!!)
discovered spinning a few years ago and have loads of spun yarn but can't
bring myself to knit the really nice stuff as it may not look so good when
knit!!!!
Found a beautiful book called Dazzling Knits and may try something out of
it. The yarns used are similar to some that I have spun.
Nice to talk to you

Andee

"Ophelia" wrote in message
k...

Old November 4th 05, 01:28 PM
Ophelia

"Droid" wrote in message
I have lurked here for a few years.

Ooooops sorry *blush*

I tend to come and go!!! Then there
are so many posts I can't keep up. You are definitely a friendly and
caring group.
I am a knitter first and started as a kid about 3 or 4 as I couldn't
walk too well and knit my first cardi for starting school. I then (joy
oh joy!!) discovered spinning a few years ago and have loads of spun
yarn but can't bring myself to knit the really nice stuff as it may
not look so good when knit!!!!
Found a beautiful book called Dazzling Knits and may try something out
of it. The yarns used are similar to some that I have spun.
Nice to talk to you

Andee

You too) May I ask where you are in UK? I am near Glasgow

Old November 4th 05, 01:40 PM
Droid

I'm in Belfast N Ireland Ophelia, where it is starting to dry up outside!!!
Thought for a while I was going to have to start knitting an ark. If I
remember correctly you have university kids??? Could be so wrong
though.......

Andee

Old November 4th 05, 01:52 PM
Ophelia

"Droid" wrote in message
I'm in Belfast N Ireland Ophelia, where it is starting to dry up
outside!!!

Believe it or not the sun is actually shining today!!! I had forgotten
what it looked like.

Thought for a while I was going to have to start knitting an ark. If
I remember correctly you have university kids??? Could be so wrong
though.......

No my kids are finished with all that and are up and away) I have a
grandson though (the light of my life) Unfortunately they live in
Germany so I don't see enough of them although we talk every day. It
used to cost a fortune until we got Skype (software) So I use it to
chat to all the kids now ... free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old November 4th 05, 02:03 PM
The YARNWRIGHT

Hi, Andee, and welcome BACK!
Cher has a group, I think its called UK spinners... its on Yahoo...
HTH,
Noreen
who spins in the US!

Old November 4th 05, 02:18 PM
Droid

They were talking about Skype today on Working Lunch on BBC2.

Must have mixed you up with someone else from Scotland. We are getting a
watery looking excuse for a sun at the this precise moment!! Well any sun
is better than.....

All the best
Andee

"Ophelia" wrote in message
. uk...

"Droid" wrote in message
I'm in Belfast N Ireland Ophelia, where it is starting to dry up
outside!!!

Believe it or not the sun is actually shining today!!! I had forgotten
what it looked like.

Thought for a while I was going to have to start knitting an ark. If I
remember correctly you have university kids??? Could be so wrong
though.......

No my kids are finished with all that and are up and away) I have a
grandson though (the light of my life) Unfortunately they live in Germany
so I don't see enough of them although we talk every day. It used to cost
a fortune until we got Skype (software) So I use it to chat to all the
kids now ... free!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Penguin Quill" spinning wheel bim Yarn 0 December 6th 04 01:29 AM
Cotton Spinning 1913 weaving vintage FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 12:58 AM
correction...should read antique french spinning wheel not spinning machine Jacqueline Butt Yarn 0 November 25th 03 12:32 AM
Converts to spinning CMM PDX2 Yarn 7 October 30th 03 12:50 AM
Spinning and Weaving Neal Rogers Yarn 80 August 22nd 03 10:35 AM