Where do you get rid of your clearance stuff?

Old February 12th 05, 10:56 PM
Gwacie

Default Where do you get rid of your clearance stuff?

Hiya gang. Today I did a crafter's clearance show. These days I pretty
much stick to making only glass beads and glass pieces, and just a touch of
glass jewelry, but for many years I did more traditional bead stringing and
wire wrapping so I have quite a large inventory of stuff I don't want to
keep on hand. Although I sold a bunch, I still have too much left.

I don't take it to shows - it never moves there for some reason, only my
glass work does. At this point I just want my materials costs back from it.

So where do you sell your 'clearance' type things? I've been thinking about
doing an ebay sale with large lots of stuff maybe....

TIA
Bethany (gwacie)
www.gwaciebeads.com
www.bethanyadams.com

Old February 12th 05, 11:11 PM
FurPaw

Gwacie wrote:
Hiya gang. Today I did a crafter's clearance show. These days I pretty
much stick to making only glass beads and glass pieces, and just a touch of
glass jewelry, but for many years I did more traditional bead stringing and
wire wrapping so I have quite a large inventory of stuff I don't want to
keep on hand. Although I sold a bunch, I still have too much left.

I don't take it to shows - it never moves there for some reason, only my
glass work does. At this point I just want my materials costs back from it.

So where do you sell your 'clearance' type things? I've been thinking about
doing an ebay sale with large lots of stuff maybe....

I don't have enough stuff yet to even think about a clearance show,
but I went to a clearance sale in a crafter's shop a couple of
months ago in Santa Fe.

She had moved from beadwork to metalwork, and she was clearing out
her beads. She just had all the beads she wanted to sell laid out
in her shop, with prices marked. She advertised by putting out a
sign on a main street in Santa Fe; she may have had other ads, too,
but I didn't see them. She said she had sold more than half of her
stuff by the time I was there.

HTH

Carol
--
To reply, unleash the dog
Old February 12th 05, 11:35 PM
Diana Curtis

There is a Yahoo group called Orphan beads that might suit your needs.
who wish to sell beady objects below retail to financially challenged
beaders. Something like that. A visit to the site will be more helpful than
my ramblings.
Diana

--
- insert pithy siggy line here-

Old February 12th 05, 11:37 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Candace's orphanbeads group on Yahoo would be great for this, as long as you
are just selling at cost, not trying to make a profit. Lots of cash-strapped
beaders there that would love an opportunity to get a hold of some quality
items.

Barbara

Old February 13th 05, 01:33 AM
susiegibson

I usually donate things to charity- ot the samaritans purse operation
christmas child, to my local sunshine kids / to a homeless shelter /and to
the womans shelter in my area- ..... to local auctions for charities and
cancer funds and to fire benefits for people who have lost thier homes, lots
of things like that....some places sell the things I donate and use the
money to help people, and some keep the things and distribute them where
they are needed......

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

Old February 13th 05, 04:20 AM
Gwacie

Would they want finished stuff too? At cost of course...

-Bethany (gwacie)
www.gwaciebeads.com
www.bethanyadams.com

Old February 13th 05, 04:21 AM
Gwacie

Now that's a good idea too Susie. I thought of donating them but I couldn't
think where they'd be of use. You've given me some great suggestions!!

-Bethany (gwacie)
www.gwaciebeads.com
www.bethanyadams.com

Old February 13th 05, 05:34 AM
~Candace~

Thanks, Di If I'd seen this hours ago, I would have suggested the same
thing. Bethany, if you do decide to give Orphan Beads a try, I'll be more
than happy to answer any questions you might have about how the group works.

candacemon AT sbcglobal DOT net
~Candace~

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
There is a Yahoo group called Orphan beads that might suit your needs.
folks

Old February 13th 05, 05:36 AM
~Candace~

OB is for anything bead related, so I'd say finished beady items certainly
qualify! And we'd love to have you, Bethany.
~Candace~

"Gwacie" wrote in message
Hiya gang. Today I did a crafter's clearance show. These days I pretty
much stick to making only glass beads and glass pieces, and just a touch
of glass jewelry, but for many years I did more traditional bead
stringing and wire wrapping so I have quite a large inventory of stuff I
don't want to keep on hand. Although I sold a bunch, I still have too
much left.

I don't take it to shows - it never moves there for some reason, only my
glass work does. At this point I just want my materials costs back from
it.

So where do you sell your 'clearance' type things? I've been thinking
about doing an ebay sale with large lots of stuff maybe....

TIA
Bethany (gwacie)
www.gwaciebeads.com
www.bethanyadams.com

AD: Desert Dreamer FALL FEST Clearance Beads Karen_AZ Beads 3 September 30th 04 01:49 AM
AD:99 cent auctions! New Stuff! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 6 September 18th 04 04:10 AM
Lacy's stiff stuff ? roxan Beads 11 January 9th 04 06:09 AM
AD : New Stuff is up on eBay !!! rainbow Beads 19 July 11th 03 06:09 PM
Macy pic, beady things, other stuff - OT Tink Beads 10 July 4th 03 06:29 AM