"Sweater pic" -- where can I find one?

Old October 17th 04, 12:19 PM
Carolyn

Default "Sweater pic" -- where can I find one?

I used to have a small tool which I was told was called a "sweater
pic". When you would get a "pull" in your sweater (for example, your
cat grabbed it and a piece of the weave was pulled into an extending
loop), you could insert this instrument from inside the sweater and
draw the "pull" into the inside of the sweater so that it didn't show.
It was very small (not wider than a sewing needle with a little loop
at the end, and a small handle like a little screw-driver) so that it
could even be used on jerseys. I've searched all over the 'net and
can't find one. Does anyone know how I can get one?

Thanks!

Carolyn
Old October 17th 04, 01:42 PM
Barbara Raper

I use a small crochet hook to pull the loop to the inside. I have heard of
what you are talking about but have not seen one.
HTH Barbara in FL

Old October 17th 04, 03:52 PM
taria

I think I saw one in Walmart the other day. Right next to the
seam rippers. Think it was called something that started with
'knit'.
Taria

Old October 17th 04, 05:24 PM
Sally Holmes

Carolyn wrote:
I used to have a small tool which I was told was called a "sweater
pic". When you would get a "pull" in your sweater (for example, your
cat grabbed it and a piece of the weave was pulled into an extending
loop), you could insert this instrument from inside the sweater and
draw the "pull" into the inside of the sweater so that it didn't show.

It's a Knit-Picker. Also very good for pulling the chained-off end of
overlocking back into the seam to secure it. I wish they made a bigger one
to pick up dropped stitches in my knitting.

http://www.acmenotions.com/knitpicker.html or
http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase...ITEM_NUM=26615

HTH

Sally

Old October 17th 04, 06:09 PM
Olwynmary

It's a Knit-Picker.

I wish they made a bigger one to pick up dropped stitches in my knitting.

I just use a crochet hook of the appropriate size for the gauge of my knitting.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old October 17th 04, 08:06 PM
Pogonip

Sally Holmes wrote:

Carolyn wrote:

I used to have a small tool which I was told was called a "sweater
pic". When you would get a "pull" in your sweater (for example, your
cat grabbed it and a piece of the weave was pulled into an extending
loop), you could insert this instrument from inside the sweater and
draw the "pull" into the inside of the sweater so that it didn't show.

It's a Knit-Picker. Also very good for pulling the chained-off end of
overlocking back into the seam to secure it. I wish they made a bigger one
to pick up dropped stitches in my knitting.

http://www.acmenotions.com/knitpicker.html or
http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase...ITEM_NUM=26615

HTH

Sally

A small latch hook, or check with a knitting machine
seller -- they come with nice little handles.
Try here if nowhere closer to you.
http://www.hi-tekdemo.co.uk/bsk/KMAccessories.asp
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old October 18th 04, 06:01 PM
Bonnie

Carolyn wrote:
I used to have a small tool which I was told was called a "sweater
pic". Does anyone know how I can get one?

You can use a needle threader instead. Simply insert the
threader near the pull and draw it through to the other side
of the fabric.

--
Bonnie
NJ