Jean Wells

Old July 12th 03, 10:07 PM
shhdesigns

Default Jean Wells

"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
I saw Jean Wells on Simply Quilts yesterday. What a delightful woman
she is. I have two of her books, Willowood and Buttonhole Stitch
Applique and I love them both.

I recently ran across another book of hers called Patchwork Quilts
Made Easy. It looks a lot like a beginners book. I am not a beginner
(I think you can call me "intermediate"). But, it looks like the book
has some interesting quilt projects. So my question is...if you own
the book, is it worthwhile for me to buy it?

And, lastly, I know that Jean and Valori Wells (her daughter) live in
Sisters Oregon and have a shop called The Stitching Post. Are they
responsible for the Sisters Oregon quilt show? Has anyone gone to the
Sisters Oregon quilt show? If so, would it be worth our travelling
from California to Oregon to see it?

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Hi Mardi
Yes Jean is responsible for the Sister's Quilt show. She started it over 25
years ago. The problem is it is TODAY!!! so you've missed it, but that's
okay you can plan for next year.
It's in the high desert, very hot and not much breeze. Take lots of film,
water, sunscreen and your own food. Their prices are very high. Good luck
finding accomodation. I usually stay in Salem and drive the 1 1/2+ hours in
on the day of the show and plan on getting there early while it's still a
bit cool. By mid afternoon, you want to be someplace else.
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.