A Funny Experience seeing My Design.......

Old September 22nd 03, 09:46 PM
Lula

Default A Funny Experience seeing My Design.......

I had the funniest experience in our local JoAnn's Fabrics Superstore
this past weekend.

In a Halloween card display at the front of the store, I saw an upper
edge of a very colorful card that seemed to stand out from all the
other cards.

The card featured ghosts flying out of a haunted library carrying
books.....I
pulled the card out and thought to myself......geez, I'd seen this
design
someplace but didn't quite recognize it.........suddenly a light bulb
literally popped in my head that this was MY design!
Boy, you could've knocked me over with a feather! I had completely
forgotten about my agent writing up a license for this design last year!

That was such a funny experience as my first reaction to the Halloween
card display was to zero in on this card as thinking it was the neatest
looking one in the display!

I always look for new Halloween cards to add to my collection and now
have
quite a large one, acquired during the last three years.
Roger aka Mr Wooly was laughing at my startled and momentary confused
reaction......he remembered the contract licensing the card design even
though I didn't.
No matter that I've done this before, it's real thrill to see a design
of mine in the shops and even more fun to be surprised unexpectedly!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old September 22nd 03, 11:34 PM
Dawne Peterson

It is nice to hear of designers with integrity--people who do things they
really love, rather than just turning out whatever the market wants!
Dawne

Old September 23rd 03, 05:48 AM
Lula

Hi Dianne,

The card was licensed by Pictura USA, they have a web site but I've not
checked to see what's on it.
This is the second design of mine they've published as a greeting card.
An earlier card published last year is an autumn design featuring a
scarecrow couple.....I never saw that card sold in any local shops.
Sometimes I see my designs in the shops and other times I don't.

I assume this card is being sold in shops all over the USA as Pictura
the card company is distributing it.......guess they're distributing to
different types of shops including the chains like the local to me
JoAnn's Superstore.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old September 23rd 03, 05:50 AM
Lula

Thank you for your compliment Dawne!
I certainly love designing, and Halloween designs are a favorite motif!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old September 23rd 03, 10:33 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

LUlA ? how are you !! nice to `read` you again !!!
i can imagine your wonderful feeling , I remember vividly when all my
works were hung in the museum , my first reaction was ;"WOw???? I MADE
ALL THIS ??? "
mirjam

Old September 24th 03, 08:30 AM
Lula

Hi Mirjam,

It is indeed a pleasant surprise to see one's creations in another space
looking so different than when we were working on it.

How wonderful to have your work hanging in a museum gallery setting!
That has to be an amazing feeling to see your large textile creations
professionally hung and displayed for all to admire.
A real triumph of hard work!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

LUlA ? how are you !! nice to `read` you again !!!
i can imagine your wonderful feeling , I remember vividly when all my
works were hung in the museum , my first reaction was ;"WOw???? I MADE
ALL THIS ??? "
mirjam

funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
Affordable Web Design Rubberstamps 0 October 20th 04 03:05 PM
Call For Artists: WJA Calls For Diva Design Entries Tinkster Beads 0 March 20th 04 02:38 AM
Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,CabinetVision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2 CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] (Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2 FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProjectExpress v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself (De TEL Glass 0 February 6th 04 03:51 PM
Web Site design, is this copyright protected? CrystalLuv Beads 13 August 7th 03 03:22 AM