Questions on soap and soapmaking

Old January 18th 05, 12:25 AM

Which "army" was that, and what was your situation --
combat or support?
..
..
...Mark (love ... cash ... dope ... fore ... anyone with more? :-)

Old January 18th 05, 12:43 AM
Borek

On 17 Jan 2005 16:25:44 -0800, wrote:

Which "army" was that, and what was your situation --
combat or support?

Polish army as you may guess, summer exercises near Warsaw. My
job was to lay silently stomach up on the sand. To say the truth,
I can't even remember why I was there as I was a bureaucratic
private spending most time behind a desk.

Best,
Borek
Old January 18th 05, 12:56 AM

Borek wrote:
On 17 Jan 2005 16:25:44 -0800, wrote:

Which "army" was that, and what was your situation --
combat or support?

Polish army as you may guess, summer exercises near Warsaw. My
job was to lay silently stomach up on the sand. To say the truth,
I can't even remember why I was there as I was a bureaucratic
private spending most time behind a desk.

Best,
Borek

Wait! Wait! - Four-letter words, SFB!

I wasn't responding to your post, I
was posing a question to the yoyo
that started this sub-thread by un-
equivocally stating that four-letter
words were not necessary for effective
communication in the "Army", you ****,
you ****, you dope, you punk, you
****, you puss ... get it right the
first time or get out.
..
..
...Marek (Need help finding your asshole,
sir/madam?)
..
..

Old April 25th 05, 01:12 AM
Deena Parham

I'm rather new here, but I am going to try to answer one of your questions.

In hot process soap you pour the soap at trace into your lined molds and
finish it in the oven. (Do a google search for recipes and times.) It
causes the soap to be ready to unmold and cut sooner than if you do it cold
process.

Cold process you "cook" the soap on the stove top until trace and then pour
it into your molds, cover them and let them set for a day or so (depending
on the type of soap you're making.)

Hope this helps some,

Kahfess

--
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off
your goal.

Hannah More

"Toby" wrote in message
om...
What determines the softness and the mildness of a (traditional) soap?

How does the soap from a hot and a cold process differ?

How much glycerin is produced in the saponification of coconut, olive,
palm oil with NaOH?

How much of the fat in coconut, olive, palm oil is unsaponifiable with
NaOH?

Why does KOH leave more unsaponified fats behind than NaOH?